The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Batteries and charger for Phase One P25

FredBGG

Not Available
I saw this on Luminous Landscape

"The battery used by the P25 is a common Canon video camera battery. Models BP-911/914/915 can be used."

Is this right.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Yep. Even says so right on the battery they ship with it :).

Couple things to look out for, we've seen several cheap versions that were either thicker or thinner than the specific batteries Phase One built the back around. The slot on the Phase Backs are tapered to a very specific size, so a battery even a mm too thick or thin is a problem.

We've also seen a lot more of the low-capacity (e.g. 1800mAh) batteries than the high-capacity batteries. The original mnfr. battery is 2600mAh, and because of the way in which this kind of battery discharges a 2600mAh battery lasts significantly longer than a 1800mAh battery (much more than the 2600/1800 = 44% might lead you to think).

All that said we were pretty tired of selling customers a $70 battery so we spent a lot of time at trade-shows speaking with various battery manufacturers and after more than a year of searching (including waiting for samples to arrive by slow-boat from china) we finally found a battery which tested *identically* well to the original battery. The only downside is they are silver rather than black. But we've tested them in a variety of P1 backs and in the V-Grip Air and they last exactly as long as the Phase One provided battery. We sell them for $40 through our eStore:
Digital Back Accessories :: Capture Integration eStore

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have the Silver battery and it actually works better which reminds me Doug include 2 more for me for DV please. Like to replace some very old ones from back in my P25 days