The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Here we go... AGAIN... ;)

KETCH ROSSI

For me has always been the issue that AA don't last but few flashes, so for this I have been against, but since you guys are backing them up, then I no longer have an issue with them, so the DF body system will be tried... ;)

Anders_HK

Okay so this is what I will be shooting in percentages:

HIGH FASHION 50%

LANDSCAPE w GIRLS 10%

CITYSCAPES w GIRLS 10%

LANDSCAPES 10%
ARCHITECTURE 10%
OTHER 10%

So shooting girls is mostly what I'll be using the camera for, both in Studio and outdoors in a variety of Back Drops, especially here in Ancient Rome Historic Center.

But when I do Still Photography I really want DETAIL!!
Shooting girls can be fun! :D Mind you I am an advanced amateur shooting mostly landscapes and people on travels, but recent did some amateur model shoots in Shanghai. Attached is a 4.7MP crop. Cropping can be handy. I did not like the pose of the model's body in that particular image, but her facial pose.., so sure comes in handy with pixels!

While it is not firstly the number of pixels that impress with the AFi-II 12, they are very useful. As for detail, yes of course 80MP give that. More pixels though require a better technique and the Hy6 helps me hold the camera better and more steady, also because I do not need to lift it to standing head level. I would have worried big time shooting hand held 80MP with a Mamiya AFDIII because it is heavy to hold to head level and grip is not comfortable.

Some more photos from those amateur model shoots if you guys are interested (C1 only):

2011 12 18
2011 12 10
2011 12 10

The S2 is spoken much highly of also.

Best regards,
Anders

Paul Spinnler

I'm confused. There are now two different solutions for the DF:
- Use the V-Grip Air and use the same LiOn battery as the digital back
- Use the LiOn Battery module for the body.
Doug, can you point me to a page of the lion battery module product? Is this new? Can't find it on your website? I'm searching for a new solution for the DF body!

Regards

Paul

KETCH ROSSI

Nice Anders,

yes some time having the extra room and resolution can come really handy to crop, however for me I really do need the all resolution, and I frame carefully not to need any cropping.

I look forward to this shoot out... ;)

ondebanks

Another vote for the Energizer Lithium AAs. They noticeably lighten my 645AFD and they last long enough that I hardly need to think about them - whereas I'm always fretting about keeping my DB batteries topped up between sessions. I just carry a spare 645AFD battery holder pre-loaded with another set of Lithiums and I'm worry free.