The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

From Science to Art: The Story of Leaf.

H3dtogo

The Leaf Lumina was produced mid 90'ies as i recall ( it had SCSI connection) and was scitex affordable low end solution for pre-press( scanning slides) and the camera itself( wich used Nikon F mount mostly a sigma 50mm macrolens) could be used on a tripod. It was about the same thing as the Agfa Studiocam. The only good thing in it was the IR filter that can be used on a Betterlight or phase powerphase :)

Mike Dote

That was cool and informative. As someone who is just getting into MFD, it was nice to read about the history behind the back that I currently use. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Anders_HK

Very interesting to read the story. Yair is also superb and always helpful. I believe for many of us he very much is Leaf (along with our local reps who are likewise superb and likewise great guys!). Leaf has quite a history and I feel the Leaf brand itself is very important because it stands for something we can count on and that provides for the best image quality out there.

The story will continue... :thumbs:

Thanks for sharing.

Best regards,
Anders

craigrudlin

Fascinating story.

Now that Phase One "owns" Leaf, is the plan to "merge" the backs
into a single product?

As a potential buyer, I must admit confusion as to how the Leaf and
the Phase One backs differ. What is the advantage of one over the
other? (Other than the very nice rotating feature.)

And, speaking of the rotating sensor feature, when you rotate
the sensor, does the image in the view finder also rotate analogously
to using an L bracket?

THANKS

yaya

The "R" backs come with a focusing screen/ mask for e.g. Hasselblad V, RZ bodies etc that have both horizontal and vertical etching on them so you can frame accurately

yaya

A great story - thanks for posting - Yair is a nice guy.

Pete
Thanks Pete, appreciated!
Next time I'm in Melbourne I'll give you a shout. I was there for 1.5 days last week but was on a (very) tight schedule...