The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

One Camera, One Lens!

pophoto

Okay, 2012 is off to a great start in 35mm and below from the Fuji XPro1. Nikon D800/800E. Olympus EM5 and later I'm sure of the Canon 5D Mark II successor and so on, including Leicas I hear in the rumor mill. I'm having a tough time choosing one, let alone adding every item to my pre-order cart (No, I didn't really do this! :p)

Now DMF, it's different I hear you all say, but this is by far my favorite forum, since I will probably spend my life behind 35mm, and the latest D800E has caused a stir and popping up are plenty of threads.

Now just for FUN, remember this word, choose One Camera and One lens (focal length) if you had to live the remainder of your life with only this option to shoot with :)
Call this thread stupid, or whatever, but humor me :)

Oh the other reason I'm choosing to post in this MF forum, is that I know no other with so many GAS heads (No, really it's true!), let the games begin!:thumbup:

UPDATE: I'm adding to my original One Camera, One Lens, and ALSO ask you to name the SEXIEST camera in your opinion (can be a different camera or the same). :p

Last edited:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
One camera one lens? Fuji XPro1. 50mm EFOV is my favourite focal length for non-work (and if it's one camera for the rest one my life, then it better be one I like!), so XPro1.

MaxKißler

That's an interesting thread. I choose the Mamiya RB 67 Pro SD + 90mm K/L. If I had a DB to go along with it, I'd take the 65mm K/L lens..

dchew

M9 and 35mm f/1.4. I might pick the x1pro, but since I haven't used it yet, I can't.

Dave

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Cambo with Sk60 my new love right now. But I have other options here too . DF and 110 and than M9 and 28 cron

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I might give up on photography if I could only have one focal. Maybe a zoom @ 24-85 and a good DSLR would be okay. But to play your game it would probably be:

M9 with 28 Cron or 35 Lux;

RM3D + 40 Rodie

DSLR -- D800? -- with 35/1.4

Ben Rubinstein

Gosh.

Can I say D800E with canon 50L 1.2? :D

I'd say M9 with 50 'lux pre asph but I need high iso.

Maybe Nex 7 with 35mm 'lux pre asph?

Can't afford any of these options of course :D

Shashin

Only one camera and one lens, that is so un-American, it is like going through life with only one wife...

Alpa STC, DM80, Normalish Lens

Don Libby

I'll play and cheat a little.

One camera and lens for life - my Cambo WRS and 72mm been using this combo for several years and fee no real need not to. Of course I'd be bothered by not having the 35 or 120mm as well.

Cheating because currently have the P65 however will the rules allow me to upgrade to the IQ200 in a couple years?

Just having fun with my first cup of coffee....:sleep006:

S

Shelby Lewis

I'd have to go with my RZ with the 110/2.8. Something special about that combo.

Audii-Dudii

That's an easy one for me to answer, as I'm already doing 90+ percent of my photography with a Contax 645 body and an adapted Mamiya 50/f4 shift lens.

Shashin

This forum is great. Everyone can settle on one choice; the challenge of this thread.

I am perfectly happy with a blond, if I can also have a brunette and redhead at the same time.

pophoto

Oh wow, and there I thought no one would reply in the morning after posting last night and heading off to bed!

UPDATE: I'm adding to my original One Camera, One Lens, and ALSO ask you to name the SEXIEST camera in your opinion (can be a different camera or the same). :p

Great answers and keep them coming!

danlindberg

First choice: Alpa STC + Schneider 43 (with upcoming tilt/swing) + zeiss viewfinder + IQ160

Second choice: Leica M9-P + 35/1.4 Summilux

Third choice: Contax G2 + 45 (for life...maybe a classic filmcamera would be the smartest)

Really....who could argue with my choices...;)