The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What a great year for G.A.S.

S

Shelby Lewis

:D

I'm not switching out of my RZ/Aptus that's for sure...

... but along with the new Nikons, Olympus has a keen looking digital OM... Sigma just dropped the SD1 price to $2299... Sigma also just announced DP1 and DP2 models with the SD1 sensor... new canon lenses. Fulji X1 Pro. Maybe new Leica and Canon models.

Simply a ton of compelling new options for the photographer at the 35mm level. Lenses, bodies, accesories, new tech... wow. On top of that, we have the great Nex cameras and a growing arsenal of m4/3 options.

It seems like, for the artist, the toolbox is becoming filled with an unlimited palette of high quality "colors" and I, for one, find it really exciting. As an MF shooter I've struggled to find a compact camera that fit my personality... the new OM or Sigma models might finally do it for me.

unlearny

I agree, I think this ultimately proves that phone cameras just turn more yappers into snappers, and the more tech we can get the better.

I'll take one DP2 Merril, I think.

jonoslack

Hi Shelby
I quite agree - and a year or so ago things seemed to be settling down quietly - suddenly there is a deluge of new and enticing gear.

Terry

What is striking to me is we still have Photokina this fall. Nikon announcement was important for Olympics year but wow anyway.

Last edited: