The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MF realities and limitations

J

jmvdigital

Hmm, I don't really see a huge problem here. Obviously there is some NR taking place. Now that you've had the 45+ a while, what's your opinion of using it 800? Can you reliably get clean images like this one? Does it compare (visibly) to the shots the bathroom shots that Guy has posted with his 25+? I found those images to be acceptable for sure.

Thanks again.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Justin, I honestly have not used it enough above 200 to generate a strong opinion. The fact is I use it mostly at 50 or 100 on a tripod for landscape or 100 or 200 when shooting handheld. Occasionally I've go to 400 in lower light handheld, but any darker and I usually move to my smaller cameras anyway. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

J

jmvdigital

Well folks, I finally took the plunge, and decided on a 30+. I'm very much looking forward to getting out and shooting. Lots to learn still about MF. Thanks Guy, Jack, Don, Brad and others. You'll be seeing me around here much more often soon.

I would like to thank Chris Lawery at Capture Integrations for his continued patience. I ultimately went with CI because of their reputation on this board and because I started my negotiations with them first.

Even though I didn't buy it from him, I would like to especially thank Chris Snipes at Image Production. He was openly candid with me, took a look at my work and offered equipment opinions, and was very open and honest with pricing and options.

I highly recommend the Chris' at either CI or Image Production if you're in the market for Phase1.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I think you will be very happy overall Justin. Good luck and we want to see images. The P30 plus is a excellent back