The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Gitzo Systematic range launched

gazwas

Sorry to drag everyone away from the D800 thread but a launch that seem to have gone un-noticed and more interesting (at least to me) than any Nikon/Canon hypercam is a new range of Systematic tripods.

Gitzo introduces the new Systematic tripod range. - news | Gitzo

Interestingly, the top casing is now triangular and seems less substantial than the old round version but the marketing bumph says they are more robust and have greater weight bearing limits. A great feature is the flat plate now has a saftey button that needs depressing before removal.

As quoted from the sales brochure:

Even if the top casting is left open by accident, the centre component is held securely in place by the secondary safety mechanism until the button is pushed, protecting expensive camera equipment.

Look really nice and would love see a Series 5 in the flesh but can't find any pricing yet so might come as a shock! :watch:

Shashin

It is a nice break for talking about the new Nikon. I wonder if it will be stable enough to get the most out of the new 36MP 35mm sensors?

craigrudlin

Besides the triangular plate with locking mechanism, what else is
new? Have they redesigned the finger catching, skin tearing
mechanism used to change the angle of the legs? Have they improved
the feet so that they don't constantly come off (and get lost)? Have
they made the mechanism that allows the legs to extend more
resistant to dirt?

How do they compare now to the RRS tripods?

Swissblad

The new range looks interesting - I got a very good offer on a Gitzo 5541 last year - and it is a delight to use - incredibly stable.
Took a while to get sued to it though, after years of using a Benbo...:)

KETCH ROSSI

My two 6X's still look as new, yet they have been traveling the world in the most diverse locations, and been loaded, will not be upgrading any time soon, also I only see the 75mm Bowl adaptor listed as accessories, I need the 100mm, unless the new design doesn't allow for the 100mm fitting as the inner circle is smaller, and if it doesn't, then SHAME on GITZO... ;)