The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any Mamiya afd 150mm 3.5 examples wide open

FredBGG

Not Available
Does anyone have some examples of the Mamiya afd 150mm 3.5 wide open and stopped down.

Trying to decide between:

Mamiya afd 150mm 3.5 plus Hasselblad 150mm f2.8 and money left over;)

or

Mamiya/Phase 150mm 2.8 D

Mike Dote

Samples aren't perfect for testing purposes, but I have the lens and like it, and would like to offer whatever help I can... So here they are:

150 3.5
ISO 100 on an Aptus 22. Wide open, ambient lighting being used and being handheld at 1/90s. Limited PP work- only added some contrast and saturation and dodged the face a bit.

Momma Dote in the Secret Garden by mikedotephoto, on Flickr

150 3.5
At f11. ISO 25, same Aptus 22. Beauty dish camera right and 7 foot parabolic umbrella to camera left

J-Lynn From Kaback models by mikedotephoto, on Flickr

tashley

Subscriber Member
I am not with my lens at the moment but I can say that it is sharp, very sharp, especially when stopped down a bit, but that on the IQ180 it has pretty bad CA on things like tree branches. I only ever used it in the studio on the 45+ and 65+ and can no longer test it with those backs outside...

FredBGG

Not Available
Thanks

The portrait of Momma is actually a good example. Flattish light and a busy background.
Shows nice bokeh and good detail in the soft light.

I looked at the other portraits you took of Momma. Very interesting and powerful images!

Fred, I have a few raw files I can share. Nothing spectacular but it should give you a feel for the lens. Sending you a PM with the link