The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can anybody recommend a good Linhof dealer in the US?

Mike M

Does anybody have good recommendations for a knowledgeable dealer in the US that is really familiar with the M679cs and techno cameras? Thanks

BH appears to have pulled a lot of it's linhof gear from the online store. Would anybody care to guess why that might be?

Oren Grad

At least on the photography end of it - I'm not familiar with the other parts of the business - B&H's business model is about moving boxes, not about providing "high touch" support for high-end specialty products.

You might try calling Bob Salomon at HP Marketing and asking which of their dealers can still offer that kind of support for the Linhof line.

Godfrey

Does anybody have good recommendations for a knowledgeable dealer in the US that is really familiar with the M679cs and techno cameras? Thanks

BH appears to have pulled a lot of it's linhof gear from the online store. Would anybody care to guess why that might be?
No idea. But Calumet used to carry Linhof and they're a good outfit. Should give them a try.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
FotoCare - NY

Camera West top of page ad - Rancho Mirage location ask for Sean.

Bob Salomon is the most helpful knowledgeable person with regards to Linhoff in the country.

Bob

Shashin

HP Marketing is just another box pusher like B&H. No one there really knows anything about the products they distribute. I have found Bob Saloman nothing but rude and unprofessional.

If you purchase Linhof products from B&H, take a screen shot of the product description. I have had several products delivered not containing the items in the description. When I informed B&H about the discrepancy, they updated the web site and then stated that I was mistaken. When I sent the screen captures, they then explained that the description was in error.

greygrad

You won't find a better dealer for Linhof than linhofstudio in the UK. Obviously not in the US, but I deal with them from Canada and their service has always been faultless.

gazwas

+1 for Linhof & Studio Ltd in the UK.

Ask for Paula who is very knowledgable about LF cameras/lenses.