The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Scratched sensor glass.

coulombic

I recently noticed a small nick in the glass of my Leaf Aptus-II 12's IR glass. Invariably, it needs replacing. Does anyone have any advice/info regarding where to send it, and how much to expect? Is this covered by my warranty? I don't expect it to be, but I'd certainly be happy if it were.

Thanks for the help/advice.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
In the US I dealt with my local dealer who in turn sent it to MAC Group. I would recommend talking to your Leaf dealer regarding where to get this handled in your part of the world.

I'd ping Yair Shahar here (yaya) as he's the official man from Leaf ...

rga

I just got my P45+ back from Denmark (through my dealer) for the same issue. $1,200US. Included a CLA which was great.
Lesson learned: be really careful!!
Bob

I recently noticed a small nick in the glass of my Leaf Aptus-II 12's IR glass. Invariably, it needs replacing. Does anyone have any advice/info regarding where to send it, and how much to expect? Is this covered by my warranty? I don't expect it to be, but I'd certainly be happy if it were.

Thanks for the help/advice.

coulombic

I just got my P45+ back from Denmark (through my dealer) for the same issue. $1,200US. Included a CLA which was great.
Lesson learned: be really careful!!
Bob
Damn. Though, that would have been my approximate guess for the cost, anyway. How long did the repair take?

jlm

Workshop Member
found a tiny, tiny nick in mine (IQ160) as well. rather than send it in, I can make an LCC dust removal stye; similar to correcting for a dead pixel

rga

It took a bit longer because I didn't know what it was. So it was in NY getting diagnosed for about a week to 10 days. Then off to Denmark and back in about 2.5 to 3 weeks.

I really missed it :-(

Damn. Though, that would have been my approximate guess for the cost, anyway. How long did the repair take?

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Sorry for the delay, you emailed me early this afternoon and I just replied. We'll get it handled! Turn around time is generally a bit faster than with Phase One. Depending on if you're in the states or abroad right now, and what sort of shipping you elect, I'd expect 1-2 weeks.

My cell is in the signature of every email and every forum post I make in case you have any questions on a weekend!

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Mamiya Leaf, Leica, Arca Swiss, Cambo, Profoto, LaCie, Canon, TTI, Broncolor & More

National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off