The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Have anyone heard of new body rumour?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
oh I have heard a rumor for a couple of years.
It really would be nice if it works when it arrives, but an appetizer would be nice before the main course arrives. It would be great to hear from phase one one this even if it is a schedule quarter.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I don't need a specific date, just a timeframe.
I hear more rumors from my dead relatives than I hear from Phase.:ROTFL:
-bob

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Even the dealers don't seem to be playing dumb so I'm certainly not holding out on any future purchases because of it.

FredBGG

Not Available
From what I have heard there will be nothing new for a year or two.

Big margins are on backs. More likely to see new products there.

Steve Hendrix

From what I have heard there will be nothing new for a year or two.

Big margins are on backs. More likely to see new products there.
I am doubtful - though I could be wrong - that we'll see new Phase One digital backs before we see new Phase One cameras. The newest P1 digital backs are 1 year old, and the average refresh time is about 3 years.

Phase One has publicly declared 2 new cameras are in the works, but from any discussions I've had in the past year have indicated shipping cameras will not likely occur until 2013. In any event, my expectation is that there will likely be announcements in the fall.

Phase One: "We're working on a brand new camera design" - British Journal of Photography

Steve Hendrix

Steve Hendrix

That's from 2010 btw.

I'm working on my retirement but that doesn't seem to be coming along any quicker either. ;)

Unless you're roughly 30-42 months from retirement (average time for lenses/camera bodies to come to market from the design stage), those estimates would have no chance of converging. You can likely retire sooner, but the quality of your retirement would probably take a hit. Kind of similar to cameras! ;)

Steve Hendrix

Shashin

Halo,

I heard that a new body is coming soon from a reliable source.

Have anyone heard about it? :salute:

Thanks,
Dan
If your source is reliable, why the question? Naturally, there is nothing more reliable that getting confirmation of your rumor on an internet forum.

johnnygoesdigital

If your source is reliable, why the question? Naturally, there is nothing more reliable that getting confirmation of your rumor on an internet forum.
The mention of a new Phase One DF camera has been asked before, and perhaps because of the lack of info from Phase One directly, one might want to pose the question to other photographers - seems like a legitimate question.

Yes, there is another Phase One DF camera coming.

Last edited:

tjv

If Phase release a new camera and it's weather sealed to match the IQ backs – plus obviously address a "few" other issues with the DF – they'd have gone a massive way to creating a killer system. Bring it on, I say!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Yes, there is another Phase One DF camera coming.
And we really really look forward to it. Really. :clap:

If I'm honest, as challenging as the DF and AFD glitches have been, it does provide a rock solid platform that I actually enjoy using in the field. Very very solid and the tactile feedback works for me. Just bump start it into 2012/13 in terms of features and capabilities that 35mm DSLR users take for granted. Oh, and never, ever, ever lock up when shooting out in the field!!!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I'm with Graham -- it is not the most elegant body, but I like my DF body --- and LOVE using my LS lenses on it! But yes, I will happily embrace a DF replacement.