The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Congrats to Dan Lindberg

pophoto

I find the shots pretty average.
When I first stumbled across GetDPI forums, I came across Dan's other blog, I think Dan has since replaced it with his website, and those images, every-single-one whether it was techcam or M9, I was simply blown away, and couldn't resist to PM him how I felt.

I think the moment another person or artist can feel compelled by another is simply inspiring and the experience itself needs a "moment!" :)

While I disagree with you, I do find as an average, all the shots are DAMN pretty! :p

Thanks
Po

Thierry

Dan,

As long as it is a pleasure for the eye for you (and for this matter for many of us) it has no relevance at all if you have evolved or not or if you have created an identity. I would vote for the second, bus as said, it isn't relevant.

Best regards, with the wish to see more of you,
Thierry

I cannot help but think that one can look at this from two sides. Either I reason that I have stuck to my gameplan and created a style, a photographers identity or one can reason that I have not evolved at all.....:p

Shashin

I find the shots pretty average.
??? Cheap shot. Why can't you just be happy for Dan's accomplishment. Would you rather I look at your Flickr account and appreciate the work you have done, or just point out that is has all been done before and with more skill and depth.

Araakii

I have not seen Dan's other stuff so my comment was just solely based on the shots featured on the website.

And my personal impression after seeing those images is that, if I were in the market looking for a digital back, I would have no temptation to get the Mamiya after seeing those shots.

If you search for the same keywords on Flickr, there are hundreds of images that look better, to me.

You guys can disagree with me, but my general impression of this forum is that criticism is nowhere to be found anywhere. Everybody just pads on each other's back, no matter how average the shots are.

When I first stumbled across GetDPI forums, I came across Dan's other blog, I think Dan has since replaced it with his website, and those images, every-single-one whether it was techcam or M9, I was simply blown away, and couldn't resist to PM him how I felt.

I think the moment another person or artist can feel compelled by another is simply inspiring and the experience itself needs a "moment!" :)

While I disagree with you, I do find as an average, all the shots are DAMN pretty! :p

Thanks
Po

Araakii

??? Cheap shot. Why can't you just be happy for Dan's accomplishment. Would you rather I look at your Flickr account and appreciate the work you have done, or just point out that is has all been done before and with more skill and depth.
Yes, I would love if you can point me to what has been done before with more skill and depth, so I can improve the next time around. That's how someone learns.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Araakii,

Everyone is at their level. Should we all be judged by .. oh, pick the great landscape photographer of your choice? So what, then, is worthy of a compliment? Nothing? This is not a place for that. If someone has a question, or asks for comments, that is one thing, and comments and even criticism are then freely given. This thread celebrates a member's work being chosen by Mamiya for display. Dan has contributed much to this site, and I am both grateful and happy for him.

It's true that there are some who make a point of complimenting almost every posted picture, or at least pointing out what is best in that picture. If there is something that they feel would improve it, they often suggest it. If that makes this the wrong place for you, or if none of the pictures displayed on this site impress you, it's a big internet out there and I hope you find the right spot.

Best,

Matt

Araakii

Yes, the images there are much better.

As I said, I have nothing against Dan as a photographer. I just simply think that the images chosen for that particular article are average. It could be the fault of the Editor, not the Photographer.

Araakii,

have a look here

Technical Camera Images

to have an idea about Dan's images in particular and as well many others: may be you will change your mind.

Best regards
Thierry

Araakii

Now that I've seen Dan's other works, I don't know why those featured were chosen by Mamiya in particular. Since those were featured to showcase their digital products, I felt the need to voice out my opinion that those shots do no justice to the products and they are not very attractive to prospective buyers.

Araakii,

Everyone is at their level. Should we all be judged by .. oh, pick the great landscape photographer of your choice? So what, then, is worthy of a compliment? Nothing? This is not a place for that. If someone has a question, or asks for comments, that is one thing, and comments and even criticism are then freely given. This thread celebrates a member's work being chosen by Mamiya for display. Dan has contributed much to this site, and I am both grateful and happy for him.

It's true that there are some who make a point of complimenting almost every posted picture, or at least pointing out what is best in that picture. If there is something that they feel would improve it, they often suggest it. If that makes this the wrong place for you, or if none of the pictures displayed on this site impress you, it's a big internet out there and I hope you find the right spot.

Best,

Matt

Araakii

Just as a comparison, when I saw some of the S2 shots in LFI, I did have the impulse to get one for a moment.