The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Congrats to Dan Lindberg

darr

Absolutely congratulations!
Dan you are 'the' landscaper photographer I aspire to!

Kind regards,
Darr

Swissblad

Well done Dan!
Glad to see your work is recognized for its inspirational qualities.
Best regards
S

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
:thumbs: Very nice. I think it's fair to say that Dan is one of the folks currently setting the high bar for thoughtful well executed technical camera images here on GetDPI. Exceptionally well composed images and a sparse simple style that I know that I for one draw inspiration from.

danlindberg

:salute:

Thank you so very much! I feel incredibly inspired by my camera setup. My Leaf Aptus II 5 is "glued" onto my Alpa SWA and the combination is amazing. Every assignment is a joy and my clients are happy with the results. I could not wish for anything more. :)
Thank you for your kind words, and ofcourse thanks to Shashin for starting the thread!
:):thumbup:

FredBGG

Not Available
Glad to see that both Dan and Leaf recognize the validity or large sensor sites and that MP count is not all it's made out to be.

The 22MP backs are my favorites to.

Interesting that Dan used to shoot with the Fuji gx680. I still shoot with it and also use the Phase One 22MP p25+ on it. A P25+ X2 would be fenomenal on the back of a Fuji gx680. imagin a 48x74mm sensor on the back of the Fuji gx680 ..... 44 million 9 micron photosites infront of the amazing 180mm 3.2

D&A

Congradulations Dan! Your images are an inspiration to all. To think about how sometimes I and others often engange endlesely about equipment and lens choices when sometimes the essence of what photography is all about gets lost in those type of threads. Your images and words bring back some sensibility to certain types of discussions. Again nice going!

Dave (D&A)

danlindberg

I AM HUMBLED BY ALL COMPLIMENTS. THANK YOU :)

Long before digital was interesting, I was the happiest travelling all over Andalucia with my Land Rover Defender. With a safaritent on the roof and a dustproof bag with a Fuji GX 680 III and plenty of Velvia. No internet, not even a mobile phone....just me, and the elements! Great times.

This is a capture from outside Córdoba with the Fuji. A farmers field, finding the lines and light to form an abstract photograph. This was back in 1997 and incredibly I do remember I had a couple of degrees tilt forward and 5 or so mm fall. This image sort of summerize me of that era and still after so many years is perfectly valid in terms of how I compose.

I cannot help but think that one can look at this from two sides. Either I reason that I have stuck to my gameplan and created a style, a photographers identity or one can reason that I have not evolved at all.....:p

Either way, I still enjoy photography and most probably will till the end of time...