The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Alpa Products

rupho

Thierry
What is different on the new Schneider 120N compared to the existing one that seems to have a much longer helical?
Also when will the much anticipated T/S helicals for sub 80 mm lenses be announced?
Thanks
Grischa

In the newsletter it says:

Upcoming Products
As every second year Photokina in Cologne will be the most important milestone for the photographic industry. The 2012 issue will take place in fall (18th to 23rd September).

ALPA intends to launch several novelties by then. As always they will be integrated into the existing ALPA 12 platform to the greatest possible extent. We will communicate further details once the development has reached the appropriate level.

Nevertheless we can confirm the introduction of a tilt/swing solution for several wide angle lenses. This addition to the existing 2x6° and 2x12° tilt/swing adapters should become available in Q2 2012. Stay tuned!
So at least it's confirmed from Alpa.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Always great to see new products being introduced to the market for MF gear. Thanks for posting this for our members.

dchew

I too am curious what the difference is. I may want to fill a gap below my 150mm, and I think a 120 and 90 would do quite nicely!

Dave

Thierry
What is different on the new Schneider 120N compared to the existing one that seems to have a much longer helical?
Also when will the much anticipated T/S helicals for sub 80 mm lenses be announced?
Thanks
Grischa

Thierry

Dear Grischa,

The new Schneider 120 mm N Aspheric has a complete new optical design, according to Schneider, this giving a higher resolution. Tests have shown this, a higher sharpness as compared to the old 120 mm N.
In addition to the higher resolution, the maximum aperture of 5,6 has been optimized.

There is not yet any technical data sheet available from Schneider.

Best regards
Thierry

Thierry
Thanks
Grischa

rupho

Thanks Thierry
I had been waiting for a while since the upgrade rumors were circulating a few month back.
I am quite surprised how much shorter it appears compared to the old N version. Is there any info on how the macro capabilities are in combination with an additional spacer.
Grischa

Dear Grischa,

The new Schneider 120 mm N Aspheric has a complete new optical design, according to Schneider, this giving a higher resolution. Tests have shown this, a higher sharpness as compared to the old 120 mm N.
In addition to the higher resolution, the maximum aperture of 5,6 has been optimized.

There is not yet any technical data sheet available from Schneider.

Best regards
Thierry

Thierry

Grischa,

The Tilt & Swing solution will be available in the 2nd quarter (April/May/June).

As for the longer helical: yes, this is a much longer helical, with about 18 mm of displacement against a little more than 6 mm on the old lens.
We will use exclusively this helical for all Schneider lenses with a longer FL than 120 mm.

Best regards
Thierry

Thierry
- much longer helical
- Also when will the much anticipated T/S helicals for sub 80 mm lenses be announced?
Thanks
Grischa

Thierry

just a note to clarify again 2 important points:

1. The new by me named T/S solution for lenses with a shorter FL of 80 mm is a TILT and SWING solution (NOT Shift).
I shall not longer use the term T/S in the future, rather "Tilt and Swing" to avoid any misunderstanding.

2. Concerning the "much anticipated Helicals" mentioned by Grischa in is post, I wish to clarify following:

- For all of the lenses concerned by this "Tilt & Swing" solution it is an ADAPTER (for most of it it is an inter-changeable one, for some other lenses a fix built-in design with the lens). In any case, the helicals remain untouched from this adapter.

Best regards
Thierry

rhsu

[QUOTE

- For all of the lenses concerned by this "Tilt & Swing" solution it is an ADAPTER (for most of it it is an inter-changeable one, for some other lenses a fix built-in design with the lens). In any case, the helicals remain untouched from this adapter.
[/QUOTE]

:thumbs: