The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need bigger LCC card

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Honestly getting anything of Sinar product is actually a tough task in the US at least in my part of the country. I know of no dealers

PeterA

Sinar Digital and Film Cameras: Medium Format Digital Cameras, Large Format Film Cameras, Professional Cameras - look under artec accessories

Dont know what I paid for the Sinar shading filter..link above gives you a look at what it looks like.

Now imagine this situation Guy - the trouble you have with Sinar in the US - actually being the case for EVERYTHING from EVERYONE - thats what I have to deal with in Australia- where (ironically?) the Sinar dealer is the most helpful and best service person in the country... go figure:ROTFL:

thats why I buy all my non sinar stuff from the US or HK - yeah a real hassle..

Pete

rhsu

Honestly getting anything of Sinar product is actually a tough task in the US at least in my part of the country. I know of no dealers
Shame. I've just returned from my parents place in Southern CAL. I would have posted one to you for you to play with and get you to post back to my parents place when you finished. I have a spare one in AU.

Can you give me the diam for the front lens thread you are intending to apply to? ie the new Digitar 28/f5.6 (?) I can't seem to get any info on the front diam thread. I've been told by Sinar supplier that the Sinar LCC works with HR32. So it should therefore fit the Digitar.

Udo

Just realized that I am going to need a bigger size LCC material for my new lens. Wondering what folks are using. Most likely need 5x5 or 6x6 size. Not sure how big my Center filter is yet. Is there a commercial place I can buy one or material to make one. Just looking at the set shop in NY and not finding what I need and I need it right away too. Any ideas
Hello Guy,

is there an IKEA store in your proximity? If so just get a set of white plastic chopping boards (one is appr. A5 and the second appr. A4 size) from their kitchen department. Those work pretty well.

regards, Udo

rhsu

Okay. I worked out the cost to post to you (Guy) 5-7days shipping time. I'm happy to "contribute" A$25 :) for this cause. I'll PM you my parents address in Cal when you finished with it. I know you won't buy it because it is "ridiculously" and "pathetically" priced for a piece of double perspex! :)

HOWEVER, I need to know the filter size for your intended lens - assuming it to be SK 28mm/f5.6 - as you are doing some comparison with the HR28. There is NO point in me posting to you if the filter diam is greater than 100mm (4").

The thing with Sinar is that it locks light-tight any possible light leakage. I use Lee WA ring (must be WA ring and NOT the std ring or else vignetting) and seems to work well as the outer diam is 100mm and it is recessed so when the Sinar LCC is fitted into the Lee ring, it's a good fit. Sinar recommends their adapter ring and no doubt a valid point.

Let me know...

Guy Mancuso

I should have the CF tonight it was shipped overnight to me. Don't know size yet but strangely it is smaller than the Rodie 28mm which makes no sense since the Rodie 28 is actually smaller in diameter . I'm still deciding between the two lenses but leaning to the SK which has a bigger image circle of 90mm compared to the Roadie of 70mm.

Steve Hendrix

It's a secret, but Capture Integration does sell Sinar.

The list price for the Sinar White Diffuser is $197...

Steve Hendrix

ondebanks

I use a large offcut of milky white perspex that I found in our physics department's mechanical workshop. Really uniform. I'd say you could walk into any university workshop and pick up one of these for free. The only price you pay is spending a few minutes showing them your MF cam - they're techies, they love that stuff!

Ray

Guy Mancuso

Lol thanks Ray. I went out this morning with the one I made from a old light box I had cut 4.75 x 4.75 square and it's just the right size for my SK 28 CF. Seems to be working okay and a great guess on size on my part. Had no idea how big the CF was.

I also think taking the shiny side off is a good idea and sand it down as it would disperse the light better

Pemihan

Lol thanks Ray. I went out this morning with the one I made from a old light box I had cut 4.75 x 4.75 square and it's just the right size for my SK 28 CF. Seems to be working okay and a great guess on size on my part. Had no idea how big the CF was.

I also think taking the shiny side off is a good idea and sand it down as it would disperse the light better
I just got hold of some shiny opaque acrylic to make some LCC's from.
Would you sand them on both sides or leave one side shiny and one side sanded? If the latter which side would you face to the lens?

Thanks
Peter