The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

cfv back on mamiya rz

arionelli

Exploring as many of the possibilities and permutations as I can before diving into the big fish pond, does anyone know if the Hasselbad CFV backs can be put on the Mamiya RZ, and if so what adaptor and cable ware is required please? Thank you for any helpful info.

arionelli

just found out there's a hasselblad i-adaptor for rz...I guess this is it but what sort of cabling does it need, anyone know?

Last edited:

ghoonk

The iAdapter is for the CF-series back, if I am not mistaken. Not sure about the CFV, but if you can get the CFV to trigger via the flash sync cable, you just need a V-mount adapter to get it going.

I say this out of experience with a V-mount Aptus 54S digital back. I have the Mamiya adapter (HX704?) that allows me to attach any V-mount back on the Mamiya RZ67 (I have a Pro, not Pro II or IID). I connect a flash sync cable from the lens to the flash sync port on the back and when the lens fires, it triggers a capture on the back. I believe the CFVs may have the port (it's a mini-stereo port of some sort.