The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Optechs closing June 30th

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I know many here probably deal with Capture Integration and they are a great company. Personally I've worked with Optechs for a few years now, and they've been a terrific. When I decided the Alpa really wasn't for me (at least for now), Paul took it all back and sold it for me and I recovered a substantial amount of my investment, no hassles for me and definitely better than I would have done via eBay. Paul always made me feel like I was his only customer.

I received an email today from Paul saying they've decided to close down and move on to other things. I certainly wish them well.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This is sad news for Paul and his staff. We at GetDPI wish them the very best in the future.

P

photohagen

paul s. is a wonderful person. i wish all dealers were like paul. although i live in nyc, i still placed orders through optechs and paul. i wish paul and everyone at optechs the best of luck!

rh

PeterL

I know many here probably deal with Capture Integration and they are a great company. Personally I've worked with Optechs for a few years now, and they've been a terrific. When I decided the Alpa really wasn't for me (at least for now), Paul took it all back and sold it for me and I recovered a substantial amount of my investment, no hassles for me and definitely better than I would have done via eBay. Paul always made me feel like I was his only customer.

I received an email today from Paul saying they've decided to close down and move on to other things. I certainly wish them well.
+1 - Paul is the best, and will be greatly missed.

Cheers, -Peter

etrump

I'm sad to hear this, Paul is a wonderful guy and I wish him the best in his new endeavors.

fotografz

OMG! I'm shocked.

Paul has been the best, very attentive to his clients with first rate products.

All the best in whatever comes next!

-Marc

pophoto

Shocked to read the headlines!
I just thought I'd add, I followed a lot of their videos over on youtube to educate on what you guys preach here on MF backs and techcams, etc. The videos were always of high quality and methods and concepts were always thoroughly explained. It was always appreciated to have such resources available for free!

It looks like they are moving on but may have a colleague to step in and continue they left off!

All the best!
Po

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
OMG! I'm shocked.

Paul has been the best, very attentive to his clients with first rate products.

All the best in whatever comes next!

-Marc
I couldn't agree more! Sad to hear but I like to think that every change is an opportunity so good luck to him and his family in their next endeavor.

vjbelle

I also received an email and was shocked and saddened. Not only is Paul a terrific person but knowledgeable as well. I certainly wish he and his wife all the best.

Victor

PSon

Paul is an amazing person. I feel another great lost. I wish him the very best in the next step. I like to thanks for his great services.
Son

darr

paul s. is a wonderful person. i wish all dealers were like paul. although i live in nyc, i still placed orders through optechs and paul. i wish paul and everyone at optechs the best of luck!

rh
+1

Paul was the best! I will miss him and his customer service. He is quite the gentleman. I hope who he recommends for Alpa users will be as knowledgeable and as easy to deal with as he is. I have gotten more pickier over dealers these past couple of years and find I prefer dealing with a single person more so than a large company.

Good luck to Paul and Sandy and their new venture! :)

Steve Hendrix

Despite the competitive dealer landscape, there is a respect that can emerge when a competitor does business the right way and treats people right. Paul has always come across as an honest, down to earth gentleman, both for his clients and for the times we've had occasion to handle situations together.

Steve Hendrix