The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Pro 6.3.4

gazwas

The one thing I notice is that in 6.3.4 my images look sharp as a tack, but when I send them to photoshop CS5 they are not as sharp almost look soft.
Its been that way with C1 for quite some time and has to do with how the preview renders at the "Fit" size. It used to be much worse in version 4 and early versions of 5.

I never judge sharpness in C1 unless viewed at 50 or 100%. 50% is my preference as you rarely will ever view a printed image at 100% pixel level. Same goes for any noise correction etc.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
So 6.3.4 on my desktop mac is a disaster. When I open a folder, all the images suddenly go black, I get errors about finding settings and profiles. So I reverted back to 6.2.2 and now they are all pure white. I threw away the proxies, and I just get the busy spinning notification up by the title bar. complete disaster, having to restore my library from the backup I just made, and revert to 6.2.3 (if I can find the installer for it).

So reverted, things are almost back to normal ... but all my process recipes are dead. I had to delete them and recreate them. reminder to self, backup all preferences etc. before upgrading again.

Last edited:

mesposito

So 6.3.4 on my desktop mac is a disaster. ...

So reverted, things are almost back to normal ... but all my process recipes are dead. I had to delete them and recreate them. reminder to self, backup all preferences etc. before upgrading again.
That's really discouraging Wayne, but Thanks for the warning. As someone that tested software professionally for many years, it boggles the mind. We shouldn't be doing Regression testing. It's not an iPhone app.

Seascape

Was having issues with 6.3.3 on my 4 year old iMac, so started doing the update to the latest issue and now have 6.3.5 installed......maybe new today !!

It is running just fine, thank goodness 6.3.3 just wasn't working for me.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
6.3.5? My C1 Pro still thinks that 6.3.4 is the latest version today for the Mac at least.

Btw, the new design is all nice and flashy but now it seems I can't find product support download stuff any more. (i.e. C1 versions).

mesposito

6.3.5? My C1 Pro still thinks that 6.3.4 is the latest version today for the Mac at least.

Btw, the new design is all nice and flashy but now it seems I can't find product support download stuff any more. (i.e. C1 versions).
The top strip on the web page has a "Download" button. Once you drill down to the download area for Capture One though, it still shows 6.3.4 in the Documentation section.

GrahamWelland

Ok, I found the archive ... maybe I'm just old school and find these flashy web site makeovers to be a pain in the rear to actually get things done. Oh well, progress I guess.

gazwas

Ok, I found the archive ... maybe I'm just old school and find these flashy web site makeovers to be a pain in the rear to actually get things done. Oh well, progress I guess.
Nothing to do with being old school, the navigation is just not very well designed. It looks great as a shop front for Phase One, very flashy, but for us seasoned Phase One users its a PITA.

First time I viewed the new site I thought "WOW" until I tried to find out what version on C1 was the latest as it doesn't give that info anywhere on the download page. The hidden documentation drop down has release notes with a version number but that is it.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The software has conflicting version info. Some places it says 6.3.4 is the latest version, but the download page says 6.3.5, with no information about how that differs from 6.3.4. Typo?

--Matt

mediumcool

The software has conflicting version info. Some places it says 6.3.4 is the latest version, but the download page says 6.3.5, with no information about how that differs from 6.3.4. Typo?

--Matt
Here is the “about C1” on my download

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
You're right, I downloaded it, and it says 6.3.5. I just can't find any release notes for the difference between that and 6.3.4, which was released quite recently.

mediumcool

You're right, I downloaded it, and it says 6.3.5. I just can't find any release notes for the difference between that and 6.3.4, which was released quite recently.
I hope they’ve worked on improving image caching; it’s quite annoying to toggle a layer on and off (to see if the effect is what you wanted), and the preview panel [a] takes ages of cog-whirling to update or also takes ages, but flashes wildly-distorted video on the preview so comparing the two states is made even harder. I’ll have to wait until I’ve upgraded the iMac from v6.3 (it is the one that suffers the wild video redraw, with a Radeon HD 4670).

Lightroom 4 is much faster at displaying the updated preview, but I still prefer to use C1.

GrahamWelland

C1 pro only says 6.3.4 but the update link goes to the Phase One download page where it says 6.3.5 ... and even though I'm registered and logged in I still have to register my email address to download via the trial link.

mediumcool

Here are two screenshots showing some of the display problems I have experienced with my iMac10,1/Radeon/HD4670 (C1 v6.3).

Hope 6.3.5 fixes ’em.

GrahamWelland

The update dialog within C1 Pro 6.3.3 or 6.3.4 doesn't list 6.3.5 as the next version available (actually I tested 6.3.3 just now and it had a link to 6.3.4, my 6.3.4 version had no link at all). If you follow an update link then yes you get to the Phase One page you showed and you do indeed download 6.3.5.

Phase One don't seem to have their auto update working correctly at the moment IMHO.