The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Pro 6.3.4

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Mike so far so good. I used it shooting tethered for two days straight about 1k in images and it was stable. I also processed over 800 full res. images too. No issues

gazwas

All fine and have even left OpenCL switched on as release notes said improved compatibility. All seems to work well with my Mac Pro and ATI 5770 graphics card.

P

Paul66

I can't get the link on the updater to open so I can update on my mac:(

schuster

What link from what updater?
"Check for Updates" has never worked for me either. Maybe because mine is the DB version. It would be nice for that to be done automatically as with most other software... even the $2 apps.

stephengilbert

"It would be nice for that to be done automatically...."

You know that people here would go nuts if the updates were automatic. :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
it does notify you that there is an update. The dumb thing is having to go to the preferences to access the link - why not include a link in the notice?

Btw, I immediately found one advantage with the new version - large directories of images seem to render much faster than 6.3.3.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Open CL is still a bad thing with the ATI 5870 on a mac pro causing system panics.
-bob

gazwas

it does notify you that there is an update. The dumb thing is having to go to the preferences to access the link - why not include a link in the notice?
Ah that explains my ignorance as my Capture One machines are not connected to the internet.

I just hooked one up to the net and checking for updates says my P65 firmware needs updating from 5.1.8 to 5.2.2. However my back has been updated and the about screen reports 5.2.2. Have I not done something right when I updated the FW or does C1 normally get this sort of info wrong?

EDIT: Mac Pro and MacBook Pro both say the same. P65+ FW update available?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ah that explains my ignorance as my Capture One machines are not connected to the internet.

I just hooked one up to the net and checking for updates says my P65 firmware needs updating from 5.1.8 to 5.2.2. However my back has been updated and the about screen reports 5.2.2. Have I not done something right when I updated the FW or does C1 normally get this sort of info wrong?
Yup, the back revision information is wrong usually at least as far as the "installed" firmware is concerned.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Useful feature then?
Well it does remind you what the current revision is.
I guess it has no way of knowing what you actually have installed, although it tries to guess and gets it wrong.
-bob

schuster

Open CL is still a bad thing with the ATI 5870 on a mac pro causing system panics.
My "Use OpenCL" is set to "Automatic" and I haven't experienced problems with OS 10.6 or 10.7. Is that unusual?

(Mac Pro mid-2010, ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB)

Anyone else having problems with this version? This one completely freezes my mac while 6.3.3 would "just" crash. Back to 6.3.2 it is...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
No problems like that for me. In fact it now renders large directories of images where the previous version was horribly slow.

What are you doing when it crashes? If you report the error to phase one via their site (open a case) I've found that they are quite responsive. You may not get a fix immediately but they will at least get it fixed for the next version.

gazwas

Anyone else having problems with this version? This one completely freezes my mac while 6.3.3 would "just" crash. Back to 6.3.2 it is...
Interesting topic on Phase C1 Mac support forum regarding 6.3.4.

Interesting OpenCL experience upgrading 6.1.1 to 6.3.4

I have never had any luck with OpenCL in C1 and always left it set to "Never" but I am finding and the above link points to C1 now being more stable with OpenCL set to "Auto".

So, if your using the same logic as previous versions and turning off OpenCL, try turning it on and see if things improve. IMO 6.3.4 is the quickest and most stable version I've used (Canon and Phase files) in quite a while. Previously C1 performance increases always came at the cost of stability and stability improvements lost performance.

The Phase One website is now incredibly annoying. I'm already logged in but it is forcing me to re-enter a load of details before downloading!!! What's the point of having an account. GRRR!!

EDIT: And it forces you to manually scroll through the list of countries as if you go to that field and press H to get quickly to the H's it reloads the whole page. .. jeez what happened to them, didn't someone try this out.

P

Paul66

The one thing I notice is that in 6.3.4 my images look sharp as a tack, but when I send them to photoshop CS5 they are not as sharp almost look soft.