The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 200 APO Collar Query

robmac

This is a long shot, but does anyone know of a tripod collar, regardless of make, that will fit the Mamiya M645 200/2.8 APO?

As an FYI for anyone with a set of calipers, a box of tripod collars and a fit of boredom, the required collar diameter (closed) is ~70.4mm (larger can always be shimmed).

Thanks

mtomalty

Have you tried looking at any of the Canon tripod collars

The collars for the 200 2,8,300 f 4,and 70-200 (2.8 and 4) are all slightly
different and you might find one that fits with a slight modification

Mark

robmac

Have thought of that - but the shops around here have zippo selection and I can't seem to find any mention of the diameter of the aforementioned lens collars (when closed). May post a query on a Canon forum. Talked to Kirk Enterprises - waste of time.

mtomalty

I have the collar for the 70-200 4.0L in front of me and a crude measurement
suggests an inside diameter of approx 64-65mm

robmac

mtomalty - thank you.

Robert - I saw the burzynski site. May drop isarfoto an email. Wish I could contact the actual manufacturer vs the distributor, but worth a try. Also keeping an eye on the auction you forwarded to me.

LJ - great news on the Sigma 120-200. Might be something a little shimming via some rubber strips would fix.

If we had shops around here that had any $%^& inventory I'd head over with my calipers, but such is not the case.

Thanks for all the assistance - hate it when something overtly simple turns into a huge snipe-hunt.