The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Apparently, Leaf backs are submersible.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
My prior Leaf dropped onto hard wood floor and bounced and rolled like a ball. Nonetheless it worked flawless thereafter!

No, no no... that was NOT why I upgraded. However I can praise the Leaf external battery that acted as a crash cushion. That battery though looked kaputt and went into trash...

Sorry my AFi-II 12 is not available for any testing. :eek:

Love my Leaf :thumbs:

Best regards,
Anders

P.S. Any real life action experience of P1 backs, in particular the IQs??? Or is it limited to the "staged" videos from P1 only???

Guy, Jack, how about dropping or throwing your IQ backs for us??? :)

It depends on how healthy your credit card is and BTW I have been knocking my backs release off recently. I SUGGEST folks you may want to think about gaffers tape on it. If I already posted this than it bears repeating. :D

So it's ugly who cares. This is ART

coulombic

My prior Leaf dropped onto hard wood floor and bounced and rolled like a ball. Nonetheless it worked flawless thereafter!

No, no no... that was NOT why I upgraded. However I can praise the Leaf external battery that acted as a crash cushion. That battery though looked kaputt and went into trash...

Sorry my AFi-II 12 is not available for any testing. :eek:

Love my Leaf :thumbs:

Best regards,
Anders

P.S. Any real life action experience of P1 backs, in particular the IQs??? Or is it limited to the "staged" videos from P1 only???

Guy, Jack, how about dropping or throwing your IQ backs for us??? :)

Mine has dropped onto cement, and a dusty desert floor. Then, several feet under water. While I would never have guessed it, these things are actually really well-crafted. That said, mine looks like absolute crap -- tape residue all over it, scuff marks, scratches on the screen. Yeah, it's apparently used. I dare say the most "used" Aptus-II 12 there is at this time.

I can only imagine the prospective questions should I decide to sell on this forum: "So. . .that's the same back that was dropped on countless occasions, and submerged. . .?"

Yes. Yes, it is.

coulombic

It depends on how healthy your credit card is and BTW I have been knocking my backs release off recently. I SUGGEST folks you may want to think about gaffers tape on it. If I already posted this than it bears repeating. :D

So it's ugly who cares. This is ART
Two responses to you, Guy -- first. Liquor for the photographer, first. While painfully waiting for my Aptus-II 12 to dry out, I was hitting the bottle pretty hard. In the case you're familiar with the term, "FML" was all I could think about.

Second, I've started using Gorilla Tape to secure my back to my camera -- tech or otherwise. It's incredibly strong, sticky, and helps keep dust out.

Also, as Yair suggested, I'll be sending my Aptus into MAC for inspection shortly. While it is working now, I don't want to have it arbitrarily stop working later. Still -- damn impressed by what this thing has stood up to. If only I'd have taken video or images of what mine has endured, you'd all feel the same.