The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Multi-part Leica S2 review

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Just to clarify, the KAF-37500 used in the S2 does use offset microlenses. The optical pattern for the microlenses was designed by the Leica optics department and supplied to Kodak ISS for manufacture. The sensor also uses a single piece cover glass/IR filter, rather than the more customary two separate pieces of glass. The S lenses were designed with these specific criteria in mind and with the cover glass as part of the optical path, in order to be optimized for performance on the S2.

So, yes, the KAF-37500 is different than other Truesense 6µm sensors.

David

D&A

Tom I now have only the S2, - I sold the Pentax to pay for a very tiny chunk of it. In any case Dave wants a throw down on the 120s. If I can find the time before I go on vacation in a few weeks I may take him up on it. I have a small studio where we could put the cameras side by side and shoot some macros or something. I'm not sure of this, but the Pentax lens may have the advantage of 1:1 as opposed to the 1:2 of the Summarit. We will be sure to try to match the perspectives exactly.

Yo! tough guy - yeah, I'm tawkin' to youse Davie. You ready for da' big showdown?
"Yeah "Big Guy", Bring it on!! I see you're ichin to bring your Big Gun to the Table (S2)....well dust it off and see you at "High Noon" (they would have to pick the worse light of the day), on a day of your choosing.... (ummm, schedules permitting :)) . ....and what's all this about shaking in your boots regarding my macro's close range advantage? Already making excuses for your steed? (well isn't the S2 older than the 645D?...LOL). I say let em both rip at 1:2 range as well as mid or long distance. We'll then see who's the tougher guy. Just don't expect to do a subsequent shootout with our respective 35's or 70's (lenses)....I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid. I do know when to stand my ground and when to run :bugeyes:

When all is said and done, and if we're both standing, we'll break out a few of our chosen beverages :chug: (eggcreams of course).

As an aside, if it's more convienient to do this after your vacation, no problem at all...that will give me some time to hit the iron and get myself into shape for the big showdown. It's gonna be a show :watch:, so watch your back! :grin:. See ya there partner..... and oh, you HD, IQ and Aptus guy's, don't even think about it! :eek:

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: