The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca-Swiss NY 'High-Line' Walk - March 19

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Rod Klukas from Arca-Swiss along with Lance Schad from Digital Transitions, will be hosting a walking demo / get together of the the Arca-Swiss and Phase One & Mamiya Leaf line of digital backs on the High-Line in New York City. We will have demo systems available.

We will be meeting at our offices @ 35 W. 35TH Street 4th Floor @ 10:30am, March 19, for a brief introduction and then we will be off to a nice shooting session on the High-Line here in NYC.

Please call or email Lance Schad at 212.529.6825 x224 or email Lance if you would like to join us. Please include your contact information so we can provide you with any updates to the schedule.

This will be the perfect prelude to the March 20th Phase One IQ Conference in NYC.

Lance (email me)

lance_schad

Workshop Member
I'll only have the M9, but I'll bring an LCC card so I can fit in. :rolleyes:

--Matt
Yes come along.

Its more than just showing the equipment, its a get together / networking session. The equipment is just an excuse ;).

We have had a few successful ones in the past , and now there is great weather here in NY its a perfect time.

Lance

lance_schad

Workshop Member
We had a nice little turnout today for our 'High-Line' Walk and Arca-Swiss get together today.

We started at our offices in mid-town Manhattan at 10:30am with a group session where Rod Klukas from Arca-Swiss joined Doug Peterson and myself and we went through the Arca-Swiss technical camera solutions,new D4 head and the MamiyaLeaf and Phase One digital systems we offer.
This lead to some discussions about using tilt , in which Rod pulled out some good old paper and started to draw some very informative diagrams to support his lesson.
After that we all got into a couple of cabs (where I found someones iphone, and proceeded to track her down and return it to a very happy actress/waitress) and made our way to 30th and 10th the beginning of the The High Line.
It was a beautiful day , couldn't ask for better weather.

We split into two groups with our two R3MDi's. We had one outfitted with an IQ180 and another with a Mamiya Leaf DM33 and we had a variety of lenses with us.

We made it down to about 17th street stopping along the way to shoot at different vantage points and explain how the camera systems operated, allowing and encouraging all the participants to shoot .

It's also amazing how many people are taking pictures up there with various types of cameras and phones. I always enjoy when people stop and ask us questions.

We encouraged the attendees to shoot to their own CF cards and go home and play with the files.

The we grabbed some lunch at a little cafe' below The High Line and then went our separate ways.

It was an excellent get together and we look forward to organizing more of them. As I mentioned in a previous post, yea it's focused around the solutions we offer, but it turns out to be a great little social event where you can get a chance to hang out and shoot the sh*t with others with similar interests.

We are looking forward to hosting more of these!

Here are a few shots from the day.

I have not had a chance to download some of the images we shot with the Arca as we had rush back to the office and get ready for our IQ Event tomorrow here in NYC, which I have to get back to putting the finishing touches on my presentation!

Thanks to the forum members who came out today.

Lance

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Damn. I missed lunch. :ROTFL:

Thanks, Lance. It was a beautiful day and great to meet new people and see some others again.

Best,

Matt

jlm

Workshop Member
work, of all things, kept me away! sorry i missed it. see you at the Milk later?

jm