Site Sponsors

Thread: Part III, Leica S2 review - field test

Arlington VA
    Post Thanks / Like

Part III, Leica S2 review - field test

The testing of the Leica S2 has entered the shooting phase. I've posted an article with images on Everything Foto
    Last edited by aboudd; 5th August 2012 at 14:54.
    On-line portfolio

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Part III, Leica S2 review - field test

Wow, I knew they were going to be blooming early this year, but didn't think this early, otherwise I would have probably run into you this morning. I haven't even posted any of last years shots (but hopefully I will).

More to the point is part 3 of your review. Great read and image examples. Now that you're getting into the "meat and potatoes" (or better still, "pastrami and latkes"), it's easy to see why you're so impressed. I would be too! Looking forward to more! Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Part III, Leica S2 review - field test

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your S2 - you are obviously very happy however it is a credit to you that you have mentioned the cameras quirks.

I looked at buying an S2 when I bought my IQ180. Main reason I went away from the S2 was the integrated Digital Capture unit. I bought a Cambo tech cam alongside the Phase 1 to try and have the best (well workable) of bost platforms.

How do you find the Auto Focus? The AF on the Phase One camera is probably the part I am least happy with. Workablebut not brilliant when the DOF is narrow and focus needs to be precise.

Thanks for posting