The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Part III, Leica S2 review - field test

D&A

Wow, I knew they were going to be blooming early this year, but didn't think this early, otherwise I would have probably run into you this morning. I haven't even posted any of last years shots (but hopefully I will).

More to the point is part 3 of your review. Great read and image examples. Now that you're getting into the "meat and potatoes" (or better still, "pastrami and latkes"), it's easy to see why you're so impressed. I would be too! Looking forward to more! Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

malmac

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your S2 - you are obviously very happy however it is a credit to you that you have mentioned the cameras quirks.

I looked at buying an S2 when I bought my IQ180. Main reason I went away from the S2 was the integrated Digital Capture unit. I bought a Cambo tech cam alongside the Phase 1 to try and have the best (well workable) of bost platforms.

How do you find the Auto Focus? The AF on the Phase One camera is probably the part I am least happy with. Workablebut not brilliant when the DOF is narrow and focus needs to be precise.

Thanks for posting

Mal