The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

personal work.....

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Michael,

fabulous work!! I love the set -- is it an old religious school?

fotografz

Here are a few shots from my latest personal project - a big shout
out to Chris at Capture Integration - wonderful people to work with!

Michael J Moore Photography
Very nice ... rich and intriguing ... love the location,lighting and models. :thumbs:

Hope you don't mind a few fussy "Art Director" comments on a personal project ... but I can't help myself ... (Once an AD, always an AD :)

On the first shot there seems to be a bit of a halo around the bottom of the dress and shoe ... and no shadow where the shoe touches the ground makes it look cut out.

On number 2, her stomach under her top looks reddish compared to the rest of her skin color ... (I know, it's probably anal-izing it to much).

On number three, I'd lift her hand tone a tiny bit ... it looks a little bit dirtyish.

-Marc

MJMoore

Michael,

fabulous work!! I love the set -- is it an old religious school?
Thanks Jack - no, it is in the abandoned section of a mental hospital. Part of the hospital is scheduled for demolition and part for remodeling. There were holes in the walls and ceiling in some locations.

Very nice ... rich and intriguing ... love the location,lighting and models. :thumbs:

Hope you don't mind a few fussy "Art Director" comments on a personal project ... but I can't help myself ... (Once an AD, always an AD :)

On the first shot there seems to be a bit of a halo around the bottom of the dress and shoe ... and no shadow where the shoe touches the ground makes it look cut out.

On number 2, her stomach under her top looks reddish compared to the rest of her skin color ... (I know, it's probably anal-izing it to much).

On number three, I'd lift her hand tone a tiny bit ... it looks a little bit dirtyish.

-Marc
Marc - thanks - always value your opinion and critique.
1. She's really standing there... I'll check the halo on the original. I did darken the floor a bit in C1- that may be the culprit. She is lit by a gridded beauty dish high and directly over my head - shadow is there, just behind her foot.
2. Didn't notice her stomach - the top is tied on her, so it is possible.
3. Which hand, below her head?

Michael

Last edited:

fotografz

Yeah, the one below her head, just a touch ... the one over her head looks perfectly natural given the lighting.

Yep, if you darkened the floor a touch and feathered the outline it'll create a halo ... I usually feather the edge only 2 or 3 pixels depending on the file size so it doesn't get hard-edged ... but a couple of pixels won't create a halo.

Beautiful stuff, really!

-Marc

MJMoore

Yeah, the one below her head, just a touch ... the one over her head looks perfectly natural given the lighting.

Yep, if you darkened the floor a touch and feathered the outline it'll create a halo ... I usually feather the edge only 2 or 3 pixels depending on the file size so it doesn't get hard-edged ... but a couple of pixels won't create a halo.

Beautiful stuff, really!

-Marc
Thanks for the comments - and I really appreciate you taking the time to speak with me on the phone several months ago!

Michael