Site Sponsors

Thread: A New Phase (One Dealer)

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A New Phase (One Dealer)

I hope the board will forgive me for a brief business-related personal note.

I'm very happy to announce that I have changed jobs and locales. Three weeks ago I resigned my position at Capture Integration (CI) and as of today I am a proud member of the team at Digital Transitions (DT).

DT is the largest Phase One dealer in the country and also a major dealer for Mamiya Leaf, Arca Swiss, Cambo, Profoto, and Eizo. As with my previous job my role will not be sales, but rather making sure our customers and staff have the most accurate, practical, and honest technical knowledge on which to make their decisions and providing training and resources to get the most out of their equipment.

For three months I'll be living in Boston and commuting every other week, and in July my girlfriend Emily and I will be moving to NYC!

I wish Dave, Steve, and the rest of the CI team all the best and am deeply appreciative of the four years I spent on that team. They taught me, above all else, that the customer comes first; a lesson I now hope to carry into my work with DT.

If you live in NYC or are visiting make sure to call me to hit me up for a drink, or stop by the DT office (35 W35th st) to say hello.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A New Phase (One Dealer)

Congrats and good luck.

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

+1

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Doug,

We are very happy to have you join us at Digital Transitions. It is a great place to work at. I just passed my one year anniversary here.

You have a lot to offer the industry and glad you are back after your little vacation.

Welcome to NYC!

I am also personally very excited to be working right next to you again!!!

Lance

Post Thanks / Like

Doug:

Congratulations on your move - you and Lance make a strong team.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Feel free to hit me up in Boston. I have a nice functional studio downtown, if needed for any purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

Great move! Digital Transitions is the top dealer for medium format in New York. You couldn't have landed in a better place. Good luck!

Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Doug! Glad to know that you will still be within reach

Best of luck in NYC.

Derek

Post Thanks / Like

So happy for you Doug!!
    "Creativity takes courage." ~ Henri Matisse
    Darlene Almeda, photoscapes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good Luck with the move ot NYC Doug !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks for all your help here and good luck in your new job!

Cheers, -Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck in your new endeavors. It was great meeting you and put a face behind the name.

Make sure you get that "Color Editor" class going soon

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! It was nice to finally meet you in person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great news Doug. Welcome to New York. I've worked with Lance for years - the DT team is terrific.

Post Thanks / Like

To all of our great customers on GetDPI,

Our strong relationship/friendship with Jack and Guy is something that we respect dearly. Everyday, we are thankful for all of the incredible customers who continue to support our efforts in this unique marketplace. Over the years, we at CI have tried to create something different. Everyday we try to be more than a business partner to our customers. We feel personally invested in your success and have shown that we will work diligently with you during your highs and your lows. We work hard to understand the advantages and disadvantages of products so we can explain them properly and only suggest the right one for each job. Our team's cell phones are on 24/7 for support and questions. These are just a few important policies that we hold important as a company. This philosophy was created from its outset and is embodied by each and every member of our team.

Did we lose a team member 3 weeks ago? Honestly, no. We lost a family member. We have all been deeply saddened by his departure. Even though we strive to create those strong bonding relationships, this was a wake up call that business is business. This is evident by the fact that we are losing Optech's this year. Paul has been one of the gentlemen in our industry and we are very disappointed that he has decided to step out of our competitive industry.

With this said, I would like to introduce our two technicians that have not been active on this forum since Doug did such a great job himself. Will Godfrey (Atlanta) and Andrei Popovici (Miami) are both Phase One Certified Professionals and have the customer-centric philosophy that Capture Integration is known for.

Our Staff :: Capture Integration Medium Format Digital Back Sales & Rental and Other Professional Photographic Equipment

The award winning support that has won us "Phase One Partner of the Year" multiple times has not changed and will not change with the shuffle of team members. Our philosophy in business has created success through talented team members. We greatly miss other talented team members such as Tim, Chris Lawery, and Karen but they were replaced by new talent that then learn and exude the CI ideals. Please know that we are as committed to our customers as we have always been. If you have not spoken to Will or Andrei, please feel free to give either office a call for support needs. We look forward to strengthening our customer relationships and continuing to provide you solutions to your businesses.

Sincerely and Respectively,

Dave Gallagher (e-mail Me)

President
    Capture Integration
    Phase One Partner of the Year
    Mamiya Leaf, Leica, Arca Swiss, Cambo, Profoto, LaCie, Canon, TTI, Broncolor & More

National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 770-846-5223
    Newsletter | RSS Feed
    Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Doug, you have always been such a strong and tireless resource here and DT are very lucky to get you. And to Dave, I would say may the best man win but both companies are so clearly expert and hard working that they both deserve to do really well.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Doug .... talk your way into a trip to the Dallas office, and a Houston side trip .... Way flat, but there are some things to shoot here.

Best of luck in the new job!

Dave

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    Congrats Doug, you have always been such a strong and tireless resource here and DT are very lucky to get you. And to Dave, I would say may the best man win but both companies are so clearly expert and hard working that they both deserve to do really well.
    I hope both men win! CI and DT are both great companies and I wish CI nothing but the best.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by djonesii View Post
    Doug .... talk your way into a trip to the Dallas office, and a Houston side trip .... Way flat, but there are some things to shoot here. Best of luck in the new job! Dave
    Already on the itinerary if not on the schedule. I'll keep you posted!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dougpeterson View Post
    I hope both men win! CI and DT are both great companies and I wish CI nothing but the best.
    I concur and its a pleasure to have both companies on this forum and as ad sponsors as well. This is hard for me in a certain way as I am good dear friends with almost every member of both companies. Jack and I work hard to make sure this forum is well represented with the best people around in this business. These are two shining companies along with our other sponsors that are here. In fact i am traveling this weekend to San Diego to meet up with my wife but detouring to Camera West in Palm Springs to stop in and say hello and pick up some Nikon gear. I always personally buy from our sponsors as they support us we support them.

For Doug I wish you the best as always. Actually Im slight jealous as both my wife and I would love to move back (me) to New York and live. I'm done being a desert rat. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djonesii View Post
    Doug .... talk your way into a trip to the Dallas office, and a Houston side trip .... Way flat, but there are some things to shoot here.

Best of luck in the new job!

Dave

Having Just moved to Houston (from Australia), what IS there to shoot around here !

Post Thanks / Like

Doug,

All the best in your new position and Good luck with the Move.

Having just done a big move myself (Sydney, Aus, to Houston, TX) I know just how much of a pain it is !

Thanks fro all your help with the Cambo and the IQ160 purchase as well, I'm sure the great service will continue wherever you are.

Regards

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I am NY based, and on my 4th Phase back, but found DT to be far too avaricious for their own good: wanting deposits to get on waiting lists, offering poor prices on ultra expensive gear, and only dropping the demands/prices when others have shown them up, etc. Ugly.

Sad to see Doug leave CI, as that became my dealer of choice (ditto for many of my colleagues in NY)

Hopefully DT have improved their ways, but getting burned once makes you very wary of putting your hand near the flames ever again.