The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aptus Back loses settings

tmh

Inspired by Wayne's recent post, I wonder if anyone could help me out with a similar problem I'm having.

My Leaf Aptus back doesn't recall certain settings after power-off. It remembers the important ones like ISO and such, but other settings from the set-up menu dont stay after I switch it off. I'm using with a tech camera.

Things like the User-button, default on press is Indicators (histogram and over/under warnings). I set it to show the grid when pressed. Works fine if power kept on, but as soon as I switch the back off it goes back to default.

I also cant seem to save a "preset" of Grey balance and develop curve. This doesnt bother me too much as I can change it all in Capture One.

Are these settings recorded to the CF card or to some other memory on the back? Changing CF cards and batteries retains the ISO settings so I guess they're internally stored somewhere?

I wondered if I needed to set any of these whilst tethered? I've never tethered this back - I use PC machines and guess I need a Firewire 800 card...

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

TMH

yaya

Best if you contact your dealer or create a support case so that we can look into it and find out if it's a bug or if your back needs service. Try to give as much info as possible regarding firmware, CF card type etc.

Contact Support Link

Thanks
Yair