The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aptus II problems

Ben Rubinstein

Hi,

Just finally got delivery of an Aptus II 8 and a DF.

Yesterday I discovered that the back would crash constantly if asked to do such difficult tasks as leave live view mode or if the camera couldn't focus when shooting tethered, requiring a restart of C1 and the back to get working again.

Today however all I'm getting is black frames. No information in them at all. I've tried shooting tethered or battery, removing and reattaching the back, different lenses (LS and regular), massive over exposure. Nothing. Didn't do anything to it since yesterday when it was working other than take it out of the cupboard this morning and switch it on. The screen is working on the back just nothing out of the images.

My dealer for the 2nd day running is unavailable on the phone, I had to fb Yair Shahar yesterday (kudos to Yair!) to find out how to use LV because it wasn't in the manuals and the dealer is impossible to get hold of. Not impressed at all.

Anyone got any ideas of what I'm doing wrong, it's probably an easy answer but for the life of me I can't work out what.

Yours frustratedly.....