The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

options for 1st technical camera.....

Digitalcameraman

That budget is tight but I have seen it done recently.

Phase One P25 $5,000
Cambo DS w/ Schn 35mmXL Lens $3,000

1 Year Warranty

The images this setup produces are much better than any 35mm camera system can produce.

You can cut some corners and get a P20 instead but don't give up that composition of the p25 for square.

And do not forget about the ability to upgrade that system down the road, I bet you can recover 90% of it towards a new system in one year. And it is a lot better than handling film, processing film, scanning film, and retouching dust.

Good luck and get a demo from an good dealer, it is the only way to see it for yourself.

Sincerely,
Chris Snipes
Sales Manager Florida
Capture Integration

Capture Integration Brands

Phase One Partner of the Year

404-522-7662 Atlanta
305-350-9900 Miami
877-217-9870 National
813-335-2473 Cell

Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One: 10% off
Capture Integration Brands

hi guys- first post here.

little background.

I have used a 4x5 field camera (toyo) , loaded film and have done my own platinum printing. Now I am using a Sigma SD15 to take seascape photos in San Diego and this is my main focus.

Was thinking of getting back into view cameras but at this point there are no "wet" labs around here. there is a place called north coast and they do some work with the large format, but even they scan so I was thinking about getting into MF digital.

one option for me would be to pick up a used Pentax 645D or try the Nikon 800E which is not MF.

I have read here that many like the ALAP 12 with phase one backs.

these look wonderful - but I want to keep it around 5k for everthing.
that being a camera body, one prime, and one digital MF back.

any ideas on what to buy in this 5k range ?

thanks ,

Rob

trioderob

hey guys-

just scored a Pentax 67 film camera for free !!!

just the body - no lens - no finder

which lens should I try to pick up on ebay for wide angle landscapes only ?