The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 6.3.5

Paul2660

I was on the phaseone site earlier and noticed 6.3.5 is downloadable, but if I try to get it from updates within Capture One it doesn't find any new updates.
(windows).

Curious if anyone had downloaded it yet?

Thanks
Paul

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I found it the same way - actually a note on the forums actually.

On the Mac the 6.3.5. fixed a crash issue I was having. I'd certainly try it and you always have the option of reverting back if necessary. The upgrade link in the C1 6.3.4 didn't show the new version on the Mac either!

Pics2

I just have a question about the update. I bought Capture One 6.3.2, so I don't have any experience with updates. When I opted to update to 6.3.4, the new version was downloaded to my computer, and now I'm asked to install it.
My question is, will the program during the installation process recognize that I already have 6.3.2 and just update it? I don't want to do something wrong here.
Thanks!

Paul2660

On a PC, you will download the update and then run it. It won't update by itself (at least I have never been able to get it to). The updater will show you if there is a more current version and you can click to download, but after the download is finished, manually install. I always make sure Capture One is closed before I run the update. So far with version 6 this process seems to have gotten much better (at least on PC side)

Paul

gazwas

A C1 update is not an update in the usual sense that it applies a patch to the existing software. It usually consists of downloading the full app every time.

On a Mac, I usually remove the old app and it's preference files before installing the new updated version but not sure of the method on a PC.