The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens problem ID 27:1

D

drmytan

Just bought my HC 50II mm in Dec last year. Pretty new and hardly use!
Recently l found out problem with this lens (attached images). I contacted the Hasselblad guy and he asked me to return for checking or service or whatever. OMG this is a new lens and my camera H4D31 is also pretty new.
What's wrong with the lens?
What are they going to do to it? To open ii up and screw it back!

Urgently need advise before sending it to the factory

Thanks

D

drmytan

Try turning the camera off, remove battery, and re-insert. remove and mount lens again, power on.
Have tried dozens of times. It only happened after a few shots maybe 5-10min. Then after detaching and mounting back the lens, it will be fine for further few minutes then the problem will repeat. Sick of it ! :mad::mad::mad:

Thanks

stngoldberg

I had a similar problem on my 120 Hasselblad Macro-H series. Had to send it back to Hasselblad in New Jersey for repair. They returned it within a few days and it has been perfect since. I realize that the service may not be as rapid from Malaysia, but my guess is the lens needs repair
Stanley

D

drmytan

I had a similar problem on my 120 Hasselblad Macro-H series. Had to send it back to Hasselblad in New Jersey for repair. They returned it within a few days and it has been perfect since. I realize that the service may not be as rapid from Malaysia, but my guess is the lens needs repair
Stanley
Hi!
Exactly what will they do to it? Just clean up the contact or plug in and change data through computer .. or dismantle or disassemble?? :angry:

Thank Stanley

stngoldberg

they didn't tell me what they did, but they will tell you if you ask-the hasselblad people have been very honest and informative with me
Stanley

chiek

Your shutter condition is not good. Contact hasselblad a/s.
I have similar experience with my 2nd hc50-110.
Finally, shutter changed to refurb. Shutter

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I had the same problem with my 35-90mm which was 3-4 months old. I sent the lens back to be fixed by the Hasselblad USA. It's worked great since.
I'd recommend you to send the lens back to the company.