The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Local adjustments quesiton Capture One

Paul2660

When working with local adjustments in Capture One, you have a sharpening option, however you can only adjust the sharpening, as the threshold and radius are "greyed" out. Curious, why is that the case? I have come to love the local adjustments area and can't wait till they allow more than 5.

Guy, let me know if you want Capture One posts in another part of the forum. :)

Thanks
Paul

gazwas

Local adjustments are a pretty new thing in C1 and it's a case of a gradual progression of new features, hence why some things are not yet available. I think I remember a C1 software engineer remarking the inclusion of additional features in Local adjustment was to get a few working very well and gradually adding more rather than all in one go that don't work very well.

Also from a business point of view, development costs must be pretty high and doesn't make sense to give us everything in one hit. That's what the paid upgrade to V7 will be for and I wouldn't expect any more features being added in to V6 now.

Paul2660

Well, as they are a work in progress, I would love to have the ability to apply a white balance correction to a local adjustment selection. If that's not possible, then a hue adjustment that is not driven by a color selection but works on the entire selection. The way you can make one under the main color balance tab.
That may be coming soon since it shows up in the local adjustment under the basic color editor, but right now it seems you can't make any adjustments there, instead having to go to advanced and pick a color.

Paul

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'd be a happier camper if we just had the ability to easily create a grad & refine like you can in LR/PS and apply corrections that way too vs just painting in.

Anders_HK

Local adjustments in Capture One are indeed super good, and hopefully they will add much more functionality to them.

I was happy to ditch Photoshop and Camera Raw when Leaf files could be read by Capture One, and I aint willing to step back!

Capture One rocks, makes me use my photographic brain instead of think as a computer..., a.k.a. looking at an image photographically for rendering and a tad like a painter to enhance it... :D

Best regards,
Anders