The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What's a high shutter counts on a data back?

richardman

My previous P30 back only had ~7000 counts. I suppose that's quite low.

I may be able to get a P25+/V for a decent price from a reputable dealer. The shutter counter is ~43000. Since it's from a dealer, it probably comes with some kind of warranty, but in practical term, is that a concern?

I will most likely not shoot more than 5000 frames per year - if that much - on the databack. Can they service the shutter if it gets too old, or is it just all electronics and it would mean circuit board replacement?

Thanks.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
There is no shutter in the back, it is totally electronic.
Shutter count is only a rough indication of how much it has been used.
-bob

richardman

Ah, OK, in practical terms then, it means "should not have much effect" since CCD sensor does not degrade or anything, other than potential physical damage.

Thanks. I hope the deal comes through then... Hmm.. where to find the fund...

Last edited:

Don Libby

I think I remember reading that digital backs are "ggod" for well over 500k so that's a small drop in the bucket.