The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Longer lenses on Cambo Tech Cameras

P

photographist

Good morning, all ...

As I understand it, the SK 150mm is the longest supported lens on the Cambo WDS/WRS series. Is anyone aware of longer lenses having been used?

Odd question, I suspect, but thanks!

Jeffrey

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The 150 is the longest i know of. There is a chance you maybe able to get a 180 special mounted but that is something I have to ask Cambo on.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I am pretty sure you can go to 210 on the Arca, 180 for certain.

P

photographist

Yes, Jack... We know the Arca can <grin>. Seriously, this is one of the reasons I was asking.

Thank you both!

jimban

Hi Jack-

I have a 180mm Nikkor-W and a 300mm Fujinon-T in R-Mounts for my Rm3di. BTW Martin at Arca was nice enough to use the same back extension for both lenses. There flange focal lengths are 177 and 195mm respectively.

jim

etrump

A 210 and 300 would be great additions for the cambo. A compromise of 240 might even be a better choice.

P

photographist

Wow... I'm beginning to feel 'lens envy'. My focal length is too short!

Seriously, I agree with Ed, but I'd think we'd have to build it out at both ends, (i.e. the SK 150 w/rear extender). Looking past the fact that Cambo does not have the mount for anything larger than the 150mm :banghead:, does anyone know if there are technical or optical reasons as to why one could not go longer?

Thanks!

jvdk

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yes, both Rod, Martin and Arca in general are very good about accommodating special requests for certain tele lenses that can be made to fit as well -- but those are not standard offerings, so I did not mention them :)

Ed, twist Cambo to fix you up with a 240 tele-arton :D

etrump

Ed, twist Cambo to fix you up with a 240 tele-arton :D
:D

IMO The MF world is way behind the PR curve compared to Nikon and especially Canon. I think they miss a lot of mileage by not partnering with quality photographers more aggressively than they do. Explorers of light for canon and legends for Nikon persuade a lot of beginners to go bigger than they normally would.

If it weren't for sites like this and a couple of quality, dedicated dealers the MF market would have died it's slow death long ago.

... Stepping off the soapbox now ...

etrump

Wow... I'm beginning to feel 'lens envy'. My focal length is too short!

Seriously, I agree with Ed, but I'd think we'd have to build it out at both ends, (i.e. the SK 150 w/rear extender). Looking past the fact that Cambo does not have the mount for anything larger than the 150mm :banghead:, does anyone know if there are technical or optical reasons as to why one could not go longer?

Thanks!

jvdk
Before the IQ the market was just not there for techs to push the longer end of the market. Things are substantially different now. No need for sloppy sliding adapters or swapping out for a GG.

If they stuck with the same extension as the 150 it would be a no brainier especially since the cost and weight of glass for a 5.6 is relatively low.

P

photographist

RE: soapbox... simply bow and take the applause! :clap:

So.... whom do we hold hostage until they agree?