The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpa 12 SWA+ one shot cable

So this is my first post, hello to everyone.:) I am just building up an Alpa system with a 12 SWA and would like to use the Kapture group one shot release cable. I am sure, i saw a picture in one Thread with the cable mounted on the camera, but i can not find it again. Could anyone who has it be so kind to show me how to fix the cable on the camera?

Second question: Rodenstock HR 35mm or HR 28 mm- what would you prefer?
Thanks for every answer and best regards.

Wolfgang

David Klepacki

Hello Wolfgang, welcome to the forum.

Since you purchase the SWA, maybe you will need a larger image circle. While the Rodenstock 28 and 35 lenses that you mention are world class optics, they do not have much room for shifting, especially with the largest digital sensors.

I recommend that you consider purchasing a two lens combination, the Rodenstock Digiron-S 23mm (70mm image circle) and the Rodenstock Digiron-W 40mm (90mm image circle). The 23mm lens is available from Alpa, but not yet the 40mm lens.

If you can only have one lens, then you must decide what is more important to you today, either the wider view and less shifting ability of the 23mm lens, or the less wide view but more shifting ability of the 40mm lens.

By the way, these are all HR lenses. Rodenstock no longer is using the HR designation in these lenses. So, even the HR 28 and HR 35 lenses are now called the Digiron-S 28 and Digiron-S 35...but they are exactly the same lenses, only new names.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Wolfgang, and welcome!

try Lance at Capture Integration --- he should have the KaptureGroup One-Shot in stock.

Cheers,

Hello David, thank you for your answer, the problem is that the 23 mm lens is really expensive and will be avilable in early 2009 and the 40 mm lens is without a release date .
best regards
Wolfgang

David Klepacki

Hello Wolfgang,

Yes, the 28 and 35 are less expensive, and if you need something now, then you must go with one of these. Without knowing what you will need them for, it is difficult for people here to help you. Will you be shooting interiors? cars? or something else? Will you be needing more shifting? etc.

David, my main work ( better say pleasure because I do my photography as a hobby) is Landscape and Macro and trying to make some fine art prints for me and friends. I now have a Contax 645 and P 45+ and nearly all lenses but was always enthusiastic about the Alpa system. I think that extreme shifting is not essential for me.
Wolfgang

yaya

So this is my first post, hello to everyone.:) I am just building up an Alpa system with a 12 SWA and would like to use the Kapture group one shot release cable. I am sure, i saw a picture in one Thread with the cable mounted on the camera, but i can not find it again. Could anyone who has it be so kind to show me how to fix the cable on the camera?

Second question: Rodenstock HR 35mm or HR 28 mm- what would you prefer?
Thanks for every answer and best regards.

Wolfgang
Welcome Wolfgang!

Here's the picture you're looking for: http://www.alpa.ch/index.php?path=products/cameras&detailpage=245

The Schneiders s are also a good option for you as they are mostly available now (24, 35, 36, 47 etc).

Yair