The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

any hint of a new Phase body 645DF II

faneuil

been off the forums for a while.
any chatter about a new phase camera body?
don't get me wrong, love my 645DF, but seems ready for some better phase back integration.

eric

pesto

I have heard rumors that there is a new body in the works, but have no idea as to what enhancements might be forthcoming. Would it not be a refreshing change, if indeed they do have an upgrade in mind, were they to send out a questionnaire to existing owners asking what changes and upgrades the people who actually use their cameras would like to see; I would imagine that we all could come up with at least one or two.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I have heard rumors that there is a new body in the works, but have no idea as to what enhancements might be forthcoming. Would it not be a refreshing change, if indeed they do have an upgrade in mind, were they to send out a questionnaire to existing owners asking what changes and upgrades the people who actually use their cameras would like to see; I would imagine that we all could come up with at least one or two.
Of all companies I've worked with team Phase One has done the best job of listening to their customers. It's frustrating some times when it takes longer than anyone would like, but that doesn't mean they aren't listening.

The IQ back, the Schneider LS lens line, Capture Pilot*, and the overlay tool in C1 are great examples of products that came about as a direct result of customer feedback.

Just because they don't commission a survey doesn't mean they aren't actively seeking input and acting on it.

*Kudos to Leaf for starting Capture Pilot; my reference here is to some of the options that Phase One implemented (or are soon to implement) after Leaf came under the Team Phase One banner.

gazwas

Its a Photokina year and some say if its happening some time soon, it will be then. Probably more wishful thinking/rumour than hard fact and I personally think its a while off yet.

malmac

Waiting may be frustrating but at least we can all dream of the perfect Phase 1 camera in our own terms of course.

The really hard bit will be when it finally arrives and experience suggests to me that some of our hopes and dreams will not be fully realised.

Dreams can be sweet but waking up is more sobering.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If the automotive world is anything to go by then I'll wager that just when Phase One have ironed out the remaining bugs (other than fundamental design issues) with the current DF, they'll announce a replacement which in turn will have launch bugs and different limitations.

Don Libby

If the automotive world is anything to go by then I'll wager that just when Phase One have ironed out the remaining bugs (other than fundamental design issues) with the current DF, they'll announce a replacement which in turn will have launch bugs and different limitations.
Which could be like saying "Be careful what you wish for" :D