The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya Leaf introduces the new Leaf CREDO

gazwas

I don't understand the whole Phase/Leaf/Mamiya thing!

Unless I'm missing some deal breaking point about the Credo, why would anyone now buy a Phase back if the Leaf shares most of the good stuff off the IQ's and has a better implemented touch screen? :loco:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Focus mask, sensor plus, virtual horizon and actually push buttons for gloves to name a few. So yes some features are missing but some folks may not want some as well and save some money . Not only that there maybe slight differences in look with the files. Need to remember Phase One company owns the Leaf and Maimya brand and like any car company they will have different models.

Besides better is relative word. Better for one person may mean something diffrent for another.

I think this just adds a option to your buy choice and still stay under the Phase blanket

DeckardTrinity

I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of support for the Hy6 / Afi platform, but am not surprised. It seems a little surprising still, considering the breadth of other compatible camera platforms listed in the FAQ on Mamiya's site.

I will just ask once so I can get a definitive answer (hopefully from Yair) - will the Credo platform ever be supported on the Hy6 / Afi mount, either directly or through an adapter?

PeterL

Thanks Yair and Doug,

Do the backs allow you to input EXIF data like focal length etc., useful for tech cameras?

Cheers, -Peter

EH21

+1 add me to the list hoping for Hy6/AFi support

Also missing is the R mode with revolving sensor and articulating screen. Both very nice features.

Will there be any difference in IQ between an AFi-ii 12 and a Credo 80?

I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of support for the Hy6 / Afi platform, but am not surprised. It seems a little surprising still, considering the breadth of other compatible camera platforms listed in the FAQ on Mamiya's site.

I will just ask once so I can get a definitive answer (hopefully from Yair) - will the Credo platform ever be supported on the Hy6 / Afi mount, either directly or through an adapter?

gazwas

Focus mask, sensor plus, virtual horizon and actually push buttons for gloves to name a few. So yes some features are missing but some folks may not want some as well and save some money . Not only that there maybe slight differences in look with the files. Need to remember Phase One company owns the Leaf and Maimya brand and like any car company they will have different models.

Besides better is relative word. Better for one person may mean something diffrent for another.

I think this just adds a option to your buy choice and still stay under the Phase blanket
I understand what you are saying Guy but were not talking about China's Shuanghuan car company here:

BMW goes to war against Chinese carmaker

Apart from a few glitzy features (sensor+ excluded), under the hood - where it matters most, its the same back especially as now they even use the same exterior casing.

coulombic

I am about 99 percent certain I'll be trading my Aptus-II 12 in toward one of these. Seems to address every shortcoming, and then some. Looks absolutely outstanding.

Anyone know if there's a sharpness mask in the back itself a la IQ series?

lance_schad

Workshop Member
As Yair mentioned these will begin shipping in June, but here in the at Digital Transitions (in US) we are allowing people to order now and take delivery and use an Aptus II until the Credo ships.

This is a great way to get out and start shooting now.

For more details please email or call.

We are very excited for this Mamiya/Leaf product refresh. I also hope that they do add support for the Hy6/Afi platform as well.

Lance (email me)

yaya

Will there be any difference in IQ between an AFi-ii 12 and a Credo 80?
Yes and no. High iso and long exposures are better on the Credo 80 (it goes to 2 minutes).
its the same back especially as now they even use the same exterior casing.
They don't share the same casing although some parts look quite similar
Why no Hy6/Afi support but the discontinued Contax 645 fully supported? WTF?
While both platforms are discontinued, the install base of the Contax is much, much bigger than the Hy6's one. The Hasselblad 500 series is also discontinued yet there are more backs sold for it than for the Contax for example
Anyone know if there's a sharpness mask in the back itself a la IQ series?
No there isn't

Steve Hendrix

Yes and no. High iso and long exposures are better on the Credo 80 (it goes to 20 minutes).
They don't share the same casing although some parts look quite similar
While both platforms are discontinued, the install base of the Contax is much, much bigger than the Hy6's one. The Hasselblad 500 series is also discontinued yet there are more backs sold for it than for the Contax for example
No there isn't

Yair - I know you mean 2 minutes, buddy. Don't add more to your already crazy day (or mine) by a 20 minute typo! Dohhh!!!

Steve Hendrix

EH21

Yair,
Thanks for the info. Too bad about the Credo not supporting the Hy6/AFi. Will the AFi backs still be sold? Since I have both AFi-ii 12 and AFi-ii 7 now, I'm also really asking about future support too.

Eric

JonMo

Is the USB 3.0 actually implemented or is it still a "future feature" re; Phase IQ.
Can we now tether to usb 3.0?

Never mind,
just got the bad news from Doug over on the LL, not implemented yet.
Bummer. :(

Christopher

Great way, to use the unused Dalsa sensors.... Sorry, can't see anything great here. Than again some people might and that's great.