The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya Leaf introduces the new Leaf CREDO

yaya

Yair,
Thanks for the info. Too bad about the Credo not supporting the Hy6/AFi. Will the AFi backs still be sold? Since I have both AFi-ii 12 and AFi-ii 7 now, I'm also really asking about future support too.
Eric
Hi Eric,

The AFi-II 10 and AFi-II 12 backs are still in production and will remain in production as long as there is a demand for them.
We provide service and support for backs that were released in 2004 so you do not need to worry about this going forward

BR

Yair

MaxKißler

Yair, what about the Aptus II 6, is it really discontinued? Will I still be able to order one through a dealer? This back seemed to be a nice step into MFD and now it's totally missing. I can't even find any more info about it on the Mamiya Leaf site as if it never existed...

yaya

Yair, what about the Aptus II 6, is it really discontinued? Will I still be able to order one through a dealer? This back seemed to be a nice step into MFD and now it's totally missing. I can't even find any more info about it on the Mamiya Leaf site as if it never existed...
Yes it is discontinued, hence why it's taken off the website. You can try ringing around the Germans dealers in case they have stock left but they won't be able to order a new one for you from the factory as there are no sensors left in the fridge!
If you still want to see its spec just let me know but like I said you can't buy it new from the factory any more, sorry about that...

PeterL

Yair - will the new backs allow for custom entry of exif data, like focal length etc. - useful for tech cameras?

Cheers, -Peter

R

Reeb

Hello Yair,

Actually using an Aptus II 7, I would like to know if the Credo 40 use a new censor ? Are the pictures less noisy at 400 or 800 ? Can we download raw test pictures ?

Thank you

Francois

yaya

Hello Yair,

Actually using an Aptus II 7, I would like to know if the Credo 40 use a new censor ? Are the pictures less noisy at 400 or 800 ? Can we download raw test pictures ?

Thank you

Francois
Hi Francois,

The Credo 40 uses the same sensor as the Aptus-II 8, which is a bit smaller than the one in your Aptus-II 7 (44x33mm vs 48x36), with smaller pixels (6µ vs 7.2µ)
The smaller pixels in combination with the higher pixel count, yield less "grain" in a given output/ print size/ iso setting

Hope this helps

yair

GRW

Yair

Will there be any provision with the dealerships to "cross trade/upgrade" from Phase to Leaf. Was almost ready to hit the button on an IQ!

Despite the Phase IQ having more bells and whistles the Leaf is actually a good proposition for me

Thanks
Graeme

Paul2660

Question for Doug or Yair,

Since it appears the new Leaf backs are in the same Chassis as the Phase IQ back, can you use the Leaf batteries in the IQ? Since the newer Leaf cells are 2900 millamp vs 2600, this will give a IQ user a bit more use per cell. I didn't see what the Voltage was as that is more critical, but I am assuming it's the same as the IQ back?

Thanks
Paul

yatlee

Does the leaf back use the same battery as Phase One IQ? I saw the feature mentioned a 2900 mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery.

f8orbust

These look like nice additions to the Leaf range. Can't help feeling though that with low-count used IQ180s appearing for less than $30k (from dealers, not craigslist!), will anyone pay $9k more for the Credo 80? Long time Leaf users maybe - expecially via trade-in/upgrade programs - but new users? I'd rather have the used IQ back, if only for the focus mask ability (something that I'm very surprised Leaf excluded).

yatlee

oh, I see the new battery on your website... will order some soon. Do they last much longer than the 2500?.

Steve Hendrix

oh, I see the new battery on your website... will order some soon. Do they last much longer than the 2500?.

We have not conducted any hard tests, but general anecdotal feedback seems to generally be near what the extrapolated estimate would be of 20% or so additional life.

Steve Hendrix

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
These look like nice additions to the Leaf range. Can't help feeling though that with low-count used IQ180s appearing for less than $30k (from dealers, not craigslist!), will anyone pay $9k more for the Credo 80? Long time Leaf users maybe - expecially via trade-in/upgrade programs - but new users? I'd rather have the used IQ back, if only for the focus mask ability (something that I'm very surprised Leaf excluded).
I think that if you want the Leaf look, you'll buy a Leaf. Simple.

Steve Hendrix

I think that if you want the Leaf look, you'll buy a Leaf. Simple.

Right, plus he's comparing new and used. Whether it is new vs new, or used vs used, the IQ will be higher priced. And I agree with Graham, decisions will be made on the Leaf look, and - for those not enamored by it - the additional outlay for the extra features of the IQ (Sensor Plus, Focus Mask, Auto Perspective Correction, etc).

Steve Hendrix