The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What price Sinar 54H?

dick

A Sinar 54H would fit into my system, but

what would I have to pay?

what would I need with it to make it work on an ELD555, 500 or Flexbody

What would I need to make it work on a Sinar P3?

I have a

P3

sliding back

adapter

800/400 firewire cable

¿What about software?

The current owner has it working... so I hope I can see it working on my kit before I pay for it.

DSemick

The Sinar 54H is a 22mp multi shot digital back if I'm not mistaken. I had one on a 555 ELD at one time. It came in two flavors, a fiber optic connection and a firewire. Stay away from the fiber optic version unless you have an old computer, plan on shooting exclusively in a studio environment and are getting the back for next to nothing.

The 54H has an interchangeable plate that can be fitted to accommodate the hasselblad platform. You will just need to make sure you have a "V series" mount to your sliding back.

I'll have to check with John, our Sinar guru, but I'm sure we have plenty of used Sinar equipment to get you up and running on your P3 and Blad.

Denny

dick

The Sinar 54H is a 22mp multi shot digital back if I'm not mistaken. I had one on a 555 ELD at one time. It came in two flavors, a fiber optic connection and a firewire. Stay away from the fiber optic version unless you have an old computer, plan on shooting exclusively in a studio environment and are getting the back for next to nothing.

The 54H has an interchangeable plate that can be fitted to accommodate the hasselblad platform. You will just need to make sure you have a "V series" mount to your sliding back.

I'll have to check with John, our Sinar guru, but I'm sure we have plenty of used Sinar equipment to get you up and running on your P3 and Blad.

Denny
Thanks - but the owner interested in selling me a 54H is two or three hours' drive away in the UK, and I hope to see the system working on my kit before I pay for it... I was mostly wondering what is a fair price?

The Sinar sliding backs have no adapter plate - you need a different £2k sliding back for H and V cameras! ... but yes, you still need an adapter plate - I hope the one I have is compatible.