The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica: innovations on BW and MF CMOS chips

fotografz

Hi Marc
If rumours are correct, there may well be a digital Xpan on the horizon....

Rumor: Hasselblad to introduce a new family of digital cameras at Photokina (digital X-Pan?) | Photo Rumors

Now that would make my day!

Cheers, Sinuhe
I'm more interested in the smaller MFD camera that has been long rumored, and supposedly is close to completion ... especially if it is a dual shutter body, or even if it is a focal plane camera as a supplement to my H4D/60 leaf shutter system. However, if it requires a whole new set of lenses, they can keep it as far as I'm concerned ... unless Zeiss makes a few special lenses for it in H mount.

We'll just have to wait and see.

-Marc

Swissblad

Dual shutter would be great - I still have an old Zeiss 250 mm f4.0, and the 110mm f2.0 would be a great addition....
That said, the Xpan was a favourite for quite a while, and is still used - but scanning the Velvia film is a hassle.