The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for Tele lens

P

Phoakm

Hi, I am planning for a tele or long focal length lens to be added into my MF arsenal.

Currently, I have the following:
Mamiya Sekor AF 35mm F3.5 D
Schneider 80mm F2.8 LS D

Considering one of the following lenses to purchase:

Mamiya sekor Macro AF 120mm F4 D
Mamiya Sekor AF 150mm F2.8 IF D
Mamiya zoom AF ULD 105-210mm F4.5 ULD

I have limited information on these lenes.
Mainly using these lenses for portrait photography.
Please share your views or show me the link that is related to these lenes.
Thanks in advance.

P

Phoakm

You might find Jack's overview of lenses helpful: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/lens-accessory-reviews/15710-mamiya-lens-overview.html

Of the lenses that you have listed, hands-down winner to get is the Phase/Mamiya 150mm D. Schneider 110mm LS is very good also for portraiture.

ken
Thanks Ken. I had read through the good review by Jack. Which I shorten the list to these lenses. Admit that Schneider 110mm LS is a very good lens but it is priced at SGD$5600 in Singapore, which I can't justify. :)

Shashin

Personally, I would go for the 120mm Macro. It is sharp and will have no practical limit to object distance. With 150mm lenses, I keep running into minimum focal distances--I just want to get one step closer than it lets me.

P

Phoakm

Personally, I would go for the 120mm Macro. It is sharp and will have no practical limit to object distance. With 150mm lenses, I keep running into minimum focal distances--I just want to get one step closer than it lets me.
Actually, that is the first lens I would ask from the shop. However, much consideration I decided to drop it, due to its manual focusing and the shop doesn't not have the AF version. I am more prone to use long focual length lens. :)

John Black

The Mamiya 200mm f2.8 APO has a wonderful draw, but it can be challenge to hit focus at F2.8. Both shot on a DF / P65 ---

Stopped down to ~f5.6

F2.8 or F4, a tad back-focused

P

Phoakm

The Mamiya 200mm f2.8 APO has a wonderful draw, but it can be challenge to hit focus at F2.8. Both shot on a DF / P65 ---

Stopped down to ~f5.6

F2.8 or F4, a tad back-focused
Impressive. :thumbup:

gogopix

Subscriber
How about a 300mm f2 lens, that's 600mm f4 with 2x mutar, with hassey mount (S-K glass).
on an S2 it is an 800mm f4 lens.
If interested, PM. I am not kidding!

Regards
Victor

P

Phoakm

How about a 300mm f2 lens, that's 600mm f4 with 2x mutar, with hassey mount (S-K glass).
on an S2 it is an 800mm f4 lens.
If interested, PM. I am not kidding!

Regards
Victor
Thanks for the heads up. However, the focal length is too long for me. :)