The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo WDS-1090 Compendium Hood

Don Libby

Decided to take a quick break and shot some more samples of the hood only this time I added the Schneider 72mm.

This gives an idea of what the adjusting rods look like and their overall length.

I wanted to try and show a slightly better view from the top. Notice the plate is ready for the second attachment be it the Cambo viewfinder or iPhone. (Schneider 35mm)

Same view but with a ruler added

Facing the camera with the hood extended (35mm)

This surprised me. I switched to the Schneider 72 and replaced the hood. The top portion is fitting snug against the upper bumper and creating a small gap. I removed everything and put it all back together and came up with the same result. The only solution is removing the bumpers if I want to set the collar further back.

Shot with the Schneider 72mm set up as shown above. This is centered at f/11 1/500 ISO50

Same shot only this time I shifted 10mm down.

My current conclusion is that as odd as it looks on the 72mm I really don't want to remove the bumpers. That said it appears to work okay.

I was going to try the 120 however just ran out of time.

Don

Just a heads up: It's several hours later and I removed the bumpers from the 72mm. Wasn't easy however the hood fits much better. I also tried it on the Schneider 120 and found much like the 35, the bumber do not need to be removed.

Last edited: