The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It's like Christmas on these forums recently!

gazwas

And just look what a nice UPS man has just dropped off for me...... :D

Sorry about the rubbish iPhone picture.

Arca -Swiss are just the perfect system camera as I can interchange all my accessories and lenses between my ML2 with everything I now buy for the Rm3di.

yaya

Congrats! Looks like UPS are on a role!!!

Now try to beat THAT sunshine :poke:

It's already on the Rm2D...shame about this rubbish weather....

danlindberg

And just look what a nice UPS man has just dropped off for me...... :D

Sorry about the rubbish iPhone picture.

Arca -Swiss are just the perfect system camera as I can interchange all my accessories and lenses between my ML2 with everything I now buy for the Rm3di.
PMC OB1i ?

(for once I doubt if anyone understand what I'm on about.....:p)

Edit: I thought I embedded the image, the clue is in the image

gazwas

Now try to beat THAT sunshine :poke:

It's already on the Rm2D...shame about this rubbish weather....
Get out of my thread you party pooper with you fancy Credo! ;)

Yes, good old Blighty and its miserable overcast damp weather.

jotloob

Subscriber Member

Now try to beat THAT sunshine . . . . .
Yair
Would you mind passing on my address to the UPS people ? ? ?
Perhaps he has a "APTUS II-7" parcel left .:salute:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Nice congrats. Yair you can just ship one to me. It needs formal testing. You know it's like food get the guinea pig to try it first.

gazwas

I hope these are of interest to potential buyers I've never seen images of the R mounted lenses before and thought I'd share a few pictures of a some little details I'm really impressed with. Modifications like this makes it obvious why mounting lenses costs what it does.

1. Brass (?) in the lens mount possibly so it can be machines to each individual lens. Looks nice.

2. Magnetic cable release/shutter button..... very clever design and IMO how all lenses should be as standard.

3. Replacement aperture selector. Lens is mounted in a slightly recessed board to makes access mush easier.

4. New lens opening lever and angled sync terminal again to make life on the recessed lens panel a lot easier.

Initial impressions are excellent and I'm extreamly impressed with the build quality and attention to detail.

This camera is a credit to Arcs-Swiss! :thumbs:

JonMo

awhile back I saw a picture of this cam combined with an Arca M series cam.
That is very cool.

Gorgeous camera Gareth.

Nice to have that much precision in a focusing ring.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
So Gareth, what was the amount of time between when you ordered your Arca and you actually got it? Just wondering if supply/demand & delivery had gotten any closer these days.

Congratulations on the camera too btw - it looks almost as sexy as those speakers in the background!

gazwas

So Gareth, what was the amount of time between when you ordered your Arca and you actually got it? Just wondering if supply/demand & delivery had gotten any closer these days.

Congratulations on the camera too btw - it looks almost as sexy as those speakers in the background!
The terrible Arca delivery times myth was, IMO dreamed up by the dealers as I'm convinced they only order when they have multiple customer orders or have some sort of shipping deal with Arca that holds everything up.

I can go on record here to say that Arca-Swiss International has THE most amazing customer service I have ever experienced and short of me buying a Bentley or Rolls Royce, probably will never be topped.

From my initial email enquiry and following technical emails and phone conversations to being given a introduction by Martin Vogt (Mr Arca-Swiss) to the camera over Video Skype with the camera in my had was about a week. That included me sending my SK43XL off to France for mounting/calibration and a long weekend because of the May day holiday in France.

Ha yes, the PMC speakers are very nice to look at as well as listen to! I'm a big fan of British Hi-Fi...... we make the best HI-Fi in the world IMO! :salute:

Paul2660

Congratulations on a great camera!. Great pics.

One thing you might want to consider is the grip extension. It gives you a good deal more hand room.

I only wish Arca would allow a grip solution on the left side like Cambo and Alpa have. I realize that is reserved for the e mod. but since I am no looking for one in the near future, I would love to have a handle over there on the left.

Paul