The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Request some help with RZ67 ProIID + Leaf Aptus II 7 Problems

Transposure

Guys,
I got a very good deal on the products in the subject line and I am trying to start playing with them, however, they don't seem to be playing nice. I have troubleshot a few things. as indicated below, and I am looking for some input as to what I might be doing wrong.

I bought a brand new Mamiya HX-701 adapter and have used it to connect the ProIID and the Aptus II7. I was able to make two captures and now all I get is a beep and the orange light in the viewfinder when I press the shutter release.

Symptoms:

Without any back:
I can cock lever and fire only in M mode. I cannot fire in Normal mode unless the film advance gizmo is pressed in flush with the back surface of the body. This seems like normal operation.

With Film back WITHOUT Film:
I can cock lever and fire only in M mode. I cannot fire in Normal mode.

With HX-701 attached:
I can cock lever and fire only in M mode. I cannot fire in Normal mode.

With HX-701 + Aptus II 7 attached:
I can cock lever and I get a solid beep and orange light in the viewfinder next to the cocking lever. This happens in Normal mode and M mode.

The DB is set to the correct camera and lens and has a CF card. THe batteries in both camera and back are good.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Ken

Transposure

Ok, problem solved LOL!!
I just found and read Sergei's post and the back had to be in Mamiya AFD mode, NOT RZ67 mode.
All better.
Go figure.

So, the only question remaining is "what is the RZ67 mode for on the Leaf back??"

SergeiR

Ok, problem solved LOL!!
I just found and read Sergei's post and the back had to be in Mamiya AFD mode, NOT RZ67 mode.
All better.
Go figure.

So, the only question remaining is "what is the RZ67 mode for on the Leaf back??"
not sure if it same on II series, but on 54s, it will work in AFD mode ok sometime and sometime will give you black frame. When you switch it to RZ you will need to tape out contacts with dielectric tape and connect back to your lens via wee wire (anyone know where to get coiled one like that? i had two, they dead now and i can't find them no more). Then you will need to connect your flash/trigger to via back, and not to hot shoe on camera.

homeiss

not sure if it same on II series, but on 54s, it will work in AFD mode ok sometime and sometime will give you black frame. When you switch it to RZ you will need to tape out contacts with dielectric tape and connect back to your lens via wee wire (anyone know where to get coiled one like that? i had two, they dead now and i can't find them no more). Then you will need to connect your flash/trigger to via back, and not to hot shoe on camera.
I stumbled upon this site a while ago www.paramountcords.com. They have pre-made cords, or you can order a custom one to fit your needs. I have yet to order from them.

yaya

You can order the coiled cable from your Mamiya Leaf dealer...they come in 2 different lengths

darr

I used Paramount for custom cords for Hasselblads 10+ years ago--they are good!!

SergeiR

You can order the coiled cable from your Mamiya Leaf dealer...they come in 2 different lengths
Yes, unfortunately it was Optechs who's response was "oh it was same as hasselblads" and then silence.

Digital Transitions (who present in Dallas, btw) never answer emails or request info and disappear in blue yonders..

Capture Integrations seems to be best, but i keep forgetting to try them for ordering something other than simple mamiya triggering stuff. You right. Got to contact them.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Yes, unfortunately it was Optechs who's response was "oh it was same as hasselblads" and then silence.

Digital Transitions (who present in Dallas, btw) never answer emails or request info and disappear in blue yonders..

Capture Integrations seems to be best, but i keep forgetting to try them for ordering something other than simple mamiya triggering stuff. You right. Got to contact them.
Don't know what happened with your emails. Could be any number of things (spam filter on either end, dropped ball on our end - happens to the best of us), but feel free to call me on my cell anytime 740-707-2183. We will always be there for our customers!