The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Price Reduction Sinar Hy6 - 54 & Sinar Hy6 - 75 Camera Systems & Backs

A

Aitor

. I presume you simply buy an (expensive) plate for the first back, and forever after you keep it and just buy new backs, right?

I donn´t know. I have those adpater por my Sinaback23HR but don´t know if they work with the emotion 54 or other.
I presume every different back have their own plates :mad:

T

thsinar

Each back model has its dedicated plate for a certain camera platform.

e.g., the Sinarbacks eMotion series (22, 54, 75) use a certain adapter plate for the use on the Sinar Hy6. When one then wishes to change to a e.g. Contax 645, one has simply to get the eMotion/Contax 645 adapter, unscrew 3 screws and mount the Contax adapter. This takes 2 minutes, at the very maximum.

You DO NOT have to buy a new back!: the very same back can/is used on different camera platforms.

Best regards,
Thierry

I find it neat that they are made at all. Many other manufacturers have no plates, and you must pay $3000 to change the mount! Sinar's method is great, in comparison. I presume you simply buy an (expensive) plate for the first back, and forever after you keep it and just buy new backs, right?

T

thsinar

No, your SB 23 adapter (for whatever camera you have it), won't fit on an eMotion back.

Thierry

I donn´t know. I have those adpater por my Sinaback23HR but don´t know if they work with the emotion 54 or other.
I presume every different back have their own plates :mad:

E

edwinb

Having looked through this thread some information looks to be missing and Thierry is working hard to list it all.
I am responsible for the http://www.image2output.com site and I try to ensure it has all the information as downloadable/emailable pdf's
this includes the HY6, camerabacks, cameraback adaptors as well as service and operator notes.
We also soppert Foba and other manufacturers products so integration of systems is also interesting for us. I believe all the above is covered including pricing, please let me know if I missed anything and I will happilly add it.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Edwin if you could do us a favor and actually put the info for image2output in the commercial vendor section that would be a better spot than in threads which tend to die off and this type of info get's lost due to inactivity and many threads being added to the forum. The commercial vendor area is more a permanent spot for referencing for members and much less posting so that info does not get archived as fast. Thanks Guy

Here http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks for the members a great place to find vendors we are looking for. Also a dangerous place. LOL