The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya RZ 67 Pro II and Leaf Aptus 75 back

K

kmosmen

Okay, so my first post....

I recently acquired a brand new RZ 67 Pro II and am seriously considering a Leaf Aptus 75 - 33MP back. I know I need a special plate / adapter to interface the two and a cable or two as well.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what I need exactly to get up and running?

THANK YOU!!!

Sheldon N

I believe that Leaf makes a dedicated adapter plate that will work with the Pro II (non-D) model. Alternatively you can get a Mamiya HX-701 plate (designed for the ZD) and modify it with a drill/dremmel tool to make it work with the Pro-II. I did the latter, and posted some pictures in a prior thread here:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/392129-post22.html

This is for using a digital back with the Mamiya AFD mount.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Kevin,
If you go the route of using the HX-701 plate with a non Pro IID system, ie. Pro /II you will need to use a sync cable directly from the lens to the digital back.
Lance

SergeiR

Kevin,
If you go the route of using the HX-701 plate with a non Pro IID system, ie. Pro /II you will need to use a sync cable directly from the lens to the digital back.
Lance
Need same for 75/54s/22, D or non D. Its not synching with shutter very reliably otherwise. older ZD (for which it was designed) and newer backs seem to not have that issue.

yaya

The easiest and safest will be to call you local Mamiya Leaf dealer and to ask them for "an RZ interface for Aptus 75". You'll need to tell them which mount your back is in i.e. Mamiya, V (Universal) or Hasselblad H.
The interface plate (adapter) will come with a focusing screen marked with the necessary crop marks for your sensor, a lens-to-back sync cable and a motordrive control cable, which allows you to fire the camera remotely (from the computer)

If your back is in Mamiya AFD mount you can also look for a HX705 adapter. It looks similar to the HX701 but has no electronic contacts for the back

Hope this helps, happy shooting!

Yair