The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tethering to a laptop

Ben Rubinstein

Thanks for that Gerald, that will make a difference with the boss. He's the kind of person who needs everything NOW, he doesn't mind paying for it but sometimes it just better to wait a bit. Like the D800e he just told me to buy. I really would like to wait till I could get one over to the studio to trial first...

gazwas

Why not try calling the business team at your local Apple store or Apple reseller and explain you would like to visit the store to install some software to see if your camera is compatible.

This will then allow you to test drive the Mac and if this still doesn't work you'll then pinpoint the camera being the issue.

Ben Rubinstein

There is only one apple store in the entire country here with a less than enviable reputation. I'm going to see what the dealer does when he comes back.