The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

help.missing images mamiya dm22

paolo d.j.

today i have this problem...
capture one don't see the photos from my memory card
after the shoot i see the photo on display.
thanks

gazwas

Try opening a new session or manually importing the images from the card (drag and drop) into the capture folder.

If you are trying to view off the card I think C1 need to create a settings and preview folder and won't write this to the card so you need to import first onto a local drive.

Can you see the when you re-insert the card into the back? That's the first thing to check, make sure the images are actually there.

gazwas

If you cmd + i the attached card does it have a high value of used bytes (stuff on the card) or does it show low used bytes meaning the card is empty?

yaya

Please contact your dealer or create a support case and tell us everything you can:
Type of CF card and it was used/ worked before
Method used for getting the files off the card: card reader? Import from within Capture One?
Does the finder see the files inside the Capture folder? Does it show a thumbnail? What's the file size?
What C1 version are you using?

Try not to mess about with the card in case in is corrupted as there's a chance you would be able to recover the files
Thanks, yair

Zerimar

I've had this issue before.

Sometimes when importing to C1 it will have the files with the ! in a triangle, this is something to do with the import not working or something.. I usually just drag the files off the card and right into the capture folder which solves it..

I never set the computer to delete the images because of this. If you have the images on the card (do not do anything to it since you used it) you can recover them with software like sandisk recovery pro.. they most likely are still there.

mediumcool

Yair is correct—don’t use the CF card for any other work, and unless you know what you are doing, leave it as is, and take it to somebody who can recover data from dodgy cards.

I bought Disk Drill Pro recently, and it did an astonishing job of recovering files from a bad SD card (over 300 RAWs recovered, and only one of the recovered files was unuseable). OSX software only.

mediumcool

Have you tried quitting and restarting C1? BTW, I don’t recognise the tool selected (can’t see it anywhere on my v6.4.2).

Last edited:

paolo d.j.

the frame is black also on the lcd of digital back...
whit my canon never a problem,it's a shame for a product of this price tag designed for professional use

fotografz

the frame is black also on the lcd of digital back...
whit my canon never a problem,it's a shame for a product of this price tag designed for professional use

I would be a little slower to blame the camera. It is much more likely a card issue or a card reader issue. I've had an issue from time to time with Canon, Nikon, Hasselblad and once with the Leica S2 ... every time it was the card. A file gets corrupted or something, and then the trouble starts.

BTW, there are a LOT of counterfeit cards floating around out there.

Like others have said, put the card in question aside and deal with it separately. Once you run a good recovery program do not use that card again ... send it to the card manufacturer, they may replace it ... or tell you it is a counterfeit.

Put a different card in the camera, reformat it, and shoot some images, then use a different card reader to download from. I'd bet it will be fine.

-Marc

mediumcool

BTW, there are a LOT of counterfeit cards floating around out there.

-Marc
I have a “Kingston” SD card purchased online; it’s been nothing but trouble, and the reason I bought Disk Drill Pro. It has a silvery circle on the top right-hand side that may be an imitation of a hologram. Looks dodgy to me.