Firmware version 3.01 for Phase One IQ series digital backs
Firmware version 3.01 is a service release with some minor stability improvements and
corrections to all IQ series backs.
▪ All 9 languages fully integrated (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish,
Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Swedish)
▪ Support for iXR/IXA camera
Additional Improvements in Firmware version 3.01, when upgrading from 2.01 or 2.0:
§ Significant Improved speed when showing previews, especially when zoomed.
§ Improved CF-card writing speed – with a fast CF card it is now practically
impossible to shoot faster than the images can be written to card.
§ Improved tethered capture speed – images are now transferred faster than ever
§ Browsing, zooming and panning is now possible in the last 10 images when
shooting tethered to the computer
§ Custom White Balance 1,2,3 in digital back can now be set in tethered mode
§ Zooming and panning in not yet stored images are now possible on the digital back
§ Custom background can be uploaded as an image (backgrnd.bmp or backgrnd.tif)
on the CF card
§ User can now adjust the offset for roll and pitch.
§ Camera interface is in general more robust for third party cameras.
§ Improved two-shot noise rejection on trigger pulse, when using third party
§ Battery lifetime in cold weather is improved significantly
§ General stability improvements
Known limitations: Lexar 400x 256GB CF card is not supported
Additional fixes if upgrading from version 1.47
1. 9 New languages available in the Menu > Language (French, Italian, German,
Spanish, Swedish, Russian, Korean, Japanese and Chinese)
2. 645DF camera control from Capture One
3. 645DF custom settings control from the IQ digital back
4. New Splash Screen option in Menu > Display > Splash Screen for display of custom
image (up to 800 x 480 px) at startup.
5. Support for Schneider Kreuznach USB controlled shutter (Native – no need for
6. New Aerial setting in Menu > Camera Mode for use with special Aerial applications.
7. General speed improvements for all IQ digital backs, especially on the H platform.
8. General stability improvements for all IQ digital backs
Additional fixes if upgrading from version 1.33
9. Fixes an issue where IQ back would lock up with “No DB” displayed in the 645DF
LCD, requiring a hard reboot of camera and digital back.
10. Digital back will now correctly charge battery to 100% via FireWire
11. Fixes an issue on IQ back for Hasselblad V, where starting capture from within
Capture One was not possible on a 555 ELD camera.
12. General improved stability
Additional fixes if upgrading from firmware version 1.19
1. Live View is now available on the IQ display (see separate white paper)
2. IIQ Small file format is now available
3. New Specific camera mode for Mamiya RZ PRO IID
4. General stability improvements
User Guide available at:
Digital backs documentation
Firmware updates can be found in the download section at Camera systems and image software.
Update should be performed with the digital back disconnected from the camera, and
without FireWire or USB connected.
Also make sure you have a newly charged battery in the IQ back.
1. Download the latest IQ Firmware from the website,
2. Transfer the .fwr file to an empty compact flash card and insert it into the IQ’s
compact flash card slot.
3. Select “Update Firmware” from the
Firmware menu and the IQ back will
automatically detect and implement the
update from the card.
4. After upgrade the digital back will
have to be rebooted, a full reboot is
performed by removing the battery
from the IQ back, and reinserting it.
If you regret any updates, the “Restore Firmware” option will revert to the factory installed
firmware version. If you experience errors you can use the menu “Dump Log” to transfer
Log information to the CompactFlash card – this log file you can use to send to support for